• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

PI 281429 (C.chinense)

Lookin' great, and some excellent photography to boot! These look really interesting. I tracked down some seed for the upcoming season. I'm definitely gonna have a go at some of these buggers.

Great photos, that thing is doing very well indeed, I hope all the buds produce fruit and don't fall off. Would be interesting to see how the plant copes with this many pods per node.
Unfortunately, there are only 2 flowers and one pod left at the first node.

I had the same with a habanero ..... lots of flowers and only 2 pods, later I noticed 2 more tiny pods. I counted like 40+ buds on a 6 inch plant Lulz. Here's a pic.

IMG_20130201_070833.jpg

,Vegas

Great looking Fruit there my friend :cool:
The colouring looks real good and looks like the picture you posted earlier.
How is the taste and heat?

Happy Chilli Growing,
Mike

Yesterday it was a taste test of the first ripe pod of PI 281429 cultivar.

I cut the fruit in half and took a smell of it. Its aroma was typical for C.chinense varieties and had average intensity. So I bite a little piece of the lower side of the fruit and felt no hotness. At all... Then I made second bite. It was the same effect. Just when I began chewing the rest of it the hotness appeared but it hadn't high level but average one.

I can't say it surprised me very much because I noticed that pepper fruits grown indoors contain fewer capsaicin than when they are grown outdoors.

IMHO, PI 281429 ia a fine variety with very beautiful colour of its fruits.

Back