• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Plant sunburn or nitrogen deficiency help

rstiv4200 said:
Yeah i hear you I guess that is the only way you learn haha. I am probably going to wait it out as people said it is overall healthy looking for the most part.

Interesting I was thinking that myself that the hardening off process would be shorter since it is getting about 16hrs light (artificial) now so was thinking hardening them off would be somewhat quicker than say starting on a windowsill or basic 80W light or something.
I have little more then 1000 watts of light with a fan blowing ,I would be sure the watts are high and I do harden them if needed as you place them in sun if they and how fast they shrivel up like no water will tell me if they have to go back into a quarantine which I have it is just basic 3-40 watt U fluorescent that I got off, it was in a magazine actually a Phototron but I don't use it except on ones that really are sensitive to the sun when I take them outside if they come back in I'll put them in nursing quarantine even some of my plants I notice I'm in full sun here and some of them like a little shade then of course I have make sure they have water when I see leaves wilt or shrivel. Quarantine just brings them back, you know they're beautiful little selves and then I Harden them off slow slow but I'm around them all day I can see as soon as it happens I don't put them out and go to work like most people would so I will see them wilt or shrivel

Thinking little magnesium or just some small amount of Trace elements couldn't hurt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Like everyone said,it's a matter of elimination. You wil see with the next set of leaves. Your light setup/grow area is perfectly fine,6400k is the right spectrum,so yeah im almost certain its not a light issue. Like i said just keep going and dont overwater that is a common newbie mistake.

Greenguru said:
Thinking little magnesium or just some small amount of Trace elements couldn't hurt

I have yet to see anyone here - myself included - who is very good at diagnosing individual nutrient issues.  It's a very complex web, and often, it isn't a simple "add some of this or that".  A deficiency could be caused by a chain reaction of other deficiencies, and adding the wrong thing can make the problem worse.  There are certain deficiencies which mimic others, and you can potentially add more of what is already the problem.
It's your plant - but your best friend is patience.  If you really have nutrient problem, it's better in almost every single case, to evaluate what got you there, in the first place, and make a wholesale change.  In other words, stop what you're doing that got you in trouble, and start fresh with something that is known to work.
Yes, adding a "small amount" of anything can potentially hurt, if you don't know why you're adding it.  Don't be twitchy, friend...  We love your plants just as much as you do. ;)

That is one awesome awesome opinion thank you so much for your input really really don't know what I would do without your input thank you again I've seen Calcium deficiency about as much as I've seen diaper rash and my kids thanks again for your opinion much appreciated

Greenguru said:
That is one awesome awesome opinion thank you so much for your input really really don't know what I would do without your input thank you again I've seen Calcium deficiency about as much as I've seen diaper rash and my kids thanks again for your opinion much appreciated

You're welcome.  Hope your kids get your diaper rash sorted for ya. ;)

So my apologies to the OP, because I mixed you up with that last person.  Wouldn't have wasted the time if I hadn't been confused.

solid7 said:

You're welcome.  Hope your kids get your diaper rash sorted for ya. ;)
Lol point is I replenish Trace elements regularly and I do not see these types of issues except years ago when I first started gardening sorry that you missed the whole point and was focused on diaper rash have a great day please peace out

Back