• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Please pray

Thank you folks, We are all convinced the prayers and positive thoughts are helping. She appears to be stable. People are with her almost constantly, reading to her and talking to her. The extended family and friends have been organized into shifts. I am visualizing her doing her fighting deep inside, on the cellular level where we cant see. The brain wave function shows she's still with us, and all the other readings are pretty stable so this I think, is good news.

Thank you all for all your support, I will keep you updated. She is a bright beautiful person who has changed a lot of lives in her young life so far, and we want her to stay here with us.

And once again, I know many of ya'll do, but if you havent considered it before, please give blood if you can. Sammie's mother is a teacher at a high school that had a blood drive in October, and last week the amount of blood Sammie needed was equivalent to the ENTIRE amount collected at the blood drive. Giving blood is really, giving life.

Sammie is no longer in pain. She is free. For her I am happy. for those she left behind, I am crying. Her mother said, last Friday, during surgery, even if she doesnt make it, she's touched so many lives. In her short twenty two years, she did so much.

Celeste, I am so sorry to hear your latest news. My thoughts are with you and the rest of Sammie's family.

Take care,
Mel

Celeste, I'm also saddened to hear Sammie lost her fight. Sending a prayer for comfort for you and the others who were close to her.
Ann

ps- I was in the middle of posting to you last night when i-net crashed. Sorry it took so long to post to you. I've been watching this thread.

Adding a reply in order to bump this to the top of the list.. its more important then the "Wheres Kaiser" thread.

Celeste, my family and I will keep Sammie in our thoughts and prayers, we wish her the best.
yes i compleatly agree
let keep this in view, you can count on my prayers

thanks your friend joe

Pray now for her parents, they are so devastated. They have two girls yet who need their love. Funeral saturday. Her facebook wall is filling up with memories from those whose lives she touched- people she met even once are posting how wonderful she was, what a difference she made to them (other cancer patients, especially). Her obituary lists her as actress, singer, stamp maker, teddy bear maker (she worked at build-a-bear) and world traveler- and Sarcoma Warrior. A month ago I was asked if Sammie was dying, and I sad, "No. Sam is very much living." And I was right, in her 22 years, she lived life to its fullest, right up to the end. I cannot think of a greater role model for anyone.

So sad for someone so young to have to go through something like that. Cancer is something that doesn't care how old or who you are, luckily the powers of medicine and will power can work miracles. I will keep her in my prayers.
George W.

Thank you Paul, for putting it that way. This morning her mother knew that, and it brought her peace. Her father feels deeply the loss, perhaps more so because, since he was on disability, he spent the most time with her over the past year. Sammie designed a plan that she was almost ready to put in motion, to start something that would raise money for cancer research (especially hers, Ewings Sarcoma) and support for adults with cancer by giving them bears. I have pledged to help put this together, and many other people who knew about her plan want to work on it. I hope that working on this project will help Dave.

Man i`m soooo sory to hear of her loss.Please know that my thoughts and will are here for the family.To young to deal with this. Rich

Back