• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Pork Tenderloin ready for the smoker!

Yep 7.5lb pork tenderloin going in tomorrow morning and it's going to be a glorious day. Mid 80's low humidity, light breeze, and plenty of sunshine!
I'll post pics for everyone to drool over tomorrow.

Be sure to post pics!

Here is the link to some of them. I still have more to process yet.

Btw, it was fabulous! I took half out an hour before the other and froze it for later. All I'll have to do is reheat in an oven at 350f for an hour and viola! Smoked tenderloin in the middle of winter:)

P_Schneider said:
Here is the link to some of them. I still have more to process yet.

Btw, it was fabulous! I took half out an hour before the other and froze it for later. All I'll have to do is reheat in an oven at 350f for an hour and viola! Smoked tenderloin in the middle of winter:)

Dat meat looks mighty tasty!

Senor Schneider....super good lookin' tenderloins in those pics. Teri and Jack. Lawd have mercy! Sounds like a great combo.

texas blues said:
Senor Schneider....super good lookin' tenderloins in those pics. Teri and Jack. Lawd have mercy! Sounds like a great combo.

It works well, give it a shot! I also used a brown sugar based rub on them right before they went in which really works well for sealing in the juices.

I need to get to the liqour sto'. All I have on hand is Sauza Hornito's, Patron, some Marsala and beer. Now because of you I need some Jack. Might have to shift my focus from salmon to beef... or wings or babybacks or..damn ...wish I had some venison...

Pork is BBQ to me. No question. I happened on a trinket that changes my tenderloin cooking these days. I use a digital thermometer when I am making a "Pork Loin", not pulled pork. It has an alarm that goes off when the meat is done. No guessing. I smoke it a little harder(more smoke) since it isn't on the smoker too long and it turns out great.
Pork and Foul are 2 things that you can't undercook without fearing bacteria, so they are almost always overcooked(especially turkey).
No joke, I would not cook without one anymore.It is so much juicier and I am convinced that there is only a minute or two of window between underdone and overdone that I call "perfect". My 2 cents.

Cheezy....that's the same demon that lurks around fish. A thermometer helps heaps to know when to pull the thang' off the heat as it is still going to continue cooking. Gotta' admit, even though I am a Texas guy and love the brisket, my favorite is also 'poke, especially babybacks!! I converted my gal last year to pulled pork as well. I gotta' ask though...are you of the school of sauce on the side for pulled pork or sauce mixed in? What speaks to you most...the sauce or the meat?

Back