• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post your RELLENOS

I have challenged BigB to a Relleno Head to Head challenge. We will determine the date and rules in this thread. Hopefully I can add a poll later if not I will either ask el Heffe or start a new thread for posting/voting. This will be awesome as our recipes are very similar and we have already agreed that we will both use our iPads for pictures, so there won't be any advantage/disadvantage with the photography.

What do you think BigB, a week or two from now?

oh yeah...

YOU'RE GOIN' DOOOWWWNNN!!!!

:rofl:

Don't worry scovie someday they'll get this figured out Sssshhhhhhhh it's ok :)
youngfrankenstein3.jpg

I'm sorry boss, I thought this was about done. In my OP I was originally going to close it Monday morning, but I let it go longer. I didn't know it was going to overlap with the TD so I figured people were done with all the voting. Plus, I wanted to open it up to anybody for posting their Rellenos. It was fun. And delicious.

Look back he posted it. Butter and some stuff.

JayT said:
I just love me a good Relleno, but I have NEVER made them.  The batter these two put together has me so impressed.  I also would really love to know what Big B put in that sauce.
Here's a link to the whole recipe...and advantage that scovie had before this whole thing went down =P

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51383-red-sauce-that-works-with-anything-especially-chile-rellenos/?hl=%2Bchile+%2Brelleno
paulky_2000 said:

You had me at butter.

The Hot Pepper said:
Look back he posted it. Butter and some stuff.

No butter, oil to fry a half white onion, salt, 1# tomatoes, a few jalapeno peppers (I enjoy scotch bonnets instead but didn't have any), 1.75 cups broth/stock. very simple

It was the stock and the fact it was yellow, I thought butter.

Back