• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post your RELLENOS

I have challenged BigB to a Relleno Head to Head challenge. We will determine the date and rules in this thread. Hopefully I can add a poll later if not I will either ask el Heffe or start a new thread for posting/voting. This will be awesome as our recipes are very similar and we have already agreed that we will both use our iPads for pictures, so there won't be any advantage/disadvantage with the photography.

What do you think BigB, a week or two from now?

oh yeah...

YOU'RE GOIN' DOOOWWWNNN!!!!

:rofl:

Holy shit I'm gonna pass out scovie,if you're trying to kill me your doing one Hell of a job!! Been drooling so much I'm dehydrated!! :) BigB those look banging!!!! That batter is beautiful really love your sauce.!!
Killer job brother !! Now BACK TO COOKING!! :)

looking good!

god that looks good ... like the two-way, too ...

oh man, between watching you eat pork, and the smell in my house from the pork outside, i,m almost beside myself ...

(i haven't eaten yet today, so i can do all of my damage on the pork) ...

Scovie, where/what's your batter?  Any pics? 

My batter was 4 egg whites, beaten to peaks but not dry. folded in each egg yolk one at a time, with a quarter-and-a-half-pinch of salt.

If you want to read thru the last 4 pages, it won't be hard to figure out who it is and who did what with their recipes. Our batter is very similar which is what started this head-to-head in the first place, in chat, I think... LOL

Scovie's:

View attachment 16449

View attachment 16448

View attachment 16447

BigB's:

View attachment 16450

View attachment 16452

View attachment 16451

SCOVIE!   that vote is not working..... 
Need to check with BigB if there are any photos he would like to have in there. 

I gotta go check it again... BRB...

Maybe need to link to a new post for the POLL to be up there with links to each of you guys's posts.  I wanted to see lots of prep pics for this side-down.  Wanted to see a full lot of pics in the final post. 

I would like a link or post with 7-10 pics like we used to have with the TDs.  Ingredients, prep, cook, plating...all in one.....but it's not up to me, so carry on~

Oh damn and hell and piss!

Thissin's a tough one.

BB's awesome sploogey scheezey looks rockin'.

But ever body knows I love teh baja lime crema and use it liberally on a variety of dishes.

Scovie's pork units with the baja splooge are in the sultans of schwing category!

I don't see a loser here but dang its gonna' be awful hard to pick a winner.

Both came out with both guns blazin'!

On another note, I woulda' bet that Scovalingus was gonna' get the molefication goin' on.

Glad I was wrong.

I thought this was supposed to be who could make the best relleno, as in batter, fluffiness, etc. And BigB said make both cheese so you judge the relleno.

So we are voting for the best chile rellenos meal here, like a TD? Okay I get it, just thought it was a technical throwdown for rellenos.

I can adapt. So we vote for the "meal" right? What filling we like best etc.

Sorry, it's a little jumbled so hard to tell.

BigB's looks like how it's served by my preferred restauranteur for them, but I've heard for some time now that SD's Mexi-fu is strong ...

BigB's Benton's rec suggests that his fu is strong too, though ...

I'll have to think about it ...

What's inside B?

And where is that listed?

Final post could use some links.

This is really hard for me because its like lunch vs dinner. I love Chorizo for breakfast and lunch but for dinner I world choose the pulled pork.

texas blues said:
I reckon it comes down to chorizo vs. pulled pork, at least to me.

Both are winners.

But as a Texan that was raised on Mexican chorizo...
Chorizo with habanero cheddar ;)

Back