• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Post Your Ride

I sawzall'd the fenders off, and added fiberglass prerunner/baja fenders. 2 days worth of work...but sweeeet.

405880_3417013037914_434530458_n.jpg

394526_3417015237969_2116446163_n.jpg

I must have a masochistic streak too, 3 in a row. Once you go black.......

Weekender is a '69 Mach 1 Mustang. Recently imported and just registered 2 weeks ago:

008.jpg

001.jpg

A couple from a professional shoot while it was still stateside:

422109_384000801625813_100000476899783_1508499_387405192_n.jpg

429777_384003228292237_100000476899783_1508555_1546970478_n.jpg

Daily driver is from the dark side, first time I've ever owned a GM product... HSV Clubsport:

005.jpg
351 Cleveland or Windsor?

My dream car is a '69 1/2 Mach I 428 Cobra Jet. Caught a guy registering one up at the DMV last year. 46K original miles and all the numbers matched. The driver door had a ding in it, got hit by a tornado thrown piece of barn. The guy was looking to sell it and I was very interested. He wouldn't budge from $50k so I'm still looking for one.

Here's my daily driver. If it's above 30F and ain't pouring rain and the streets are clean I'm on it.

DSC019651800x1350.jpg

2012 HD FXDWG. Put new Vance and Hines pipes on it and a Screaming Eagle breather.

My other ride is a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71. I love her. I love her very much. See if I can dig up a pic of her.

Nice bike Patrick.
It's a 351 Windsor, fairly mild build but I wanted a reliable cruiser. The CJs are definitely up there in price but probably a better investment if you can afford one. People here are asking around the 100k mark for them, give or take, although they don't seem to be selling in a hurry. Took me 8 months of serious searching here and in the US before I finally pulled the trigger and another 3 months to get it in my driveway.

I hope you find what you're after one day.

Here is mine, 2009 Nissan GT-R. "Slightly" modified. Stock turbos, but they are maxed out. It's my daily driver and track toy. I get to do about 6 track weekends per year, usually...except in 2012. Come on 2013!

Anyway, this pic was taken when we still lived in San Diego:

rightside.jpg

These cars make 480 at the crank stock, here is my dyno plot. 538 hp at all four wheels. :) (About 670 hp at the crank).

BJACKSON-NEW-STREET-VS-TRACK.jpg

Redline Time Attack competition. Yep, that's me.

rta2010.jpg

Track day:

Nov-14-2009-Redline-Time-Attack3-2.jpg

That looks like the Auto Club Speedway? I've spent many, many, many, NASCAR weekends down there. Also when the AMA Super Bikes are in town.
Your ride looks beautiful BTW

That looks like the Auto Club Speedway? I've spent many, many, many, NASCAR weekends down there. Also when the AMA Super Bikes are in town.
Your ride looks beautiful BTW

Thanks! It is indeed Auto Club. Good eye!

Doc....I now officially hate you ;). That's my dream car right there.......or even an older R34.

Nice. ;) R34's are cool, too!

Doc, if you ever need that thing "washed" just let me know. I swear it won't take any longer than about 6 hours. ;)

Probably the only Nissan I would rather have than my SE-R

Sure, it gets washed every Sunday. Just let me know what time you'll be by. ;)

Speaking of washing, I will never buy another black car... Other than that, I love it!

Nice bike Patrick.
It's a 351 Windsor, fairly mild build but I wanted a reliable cruiser. The CJs are definitely up there in price but probably a better investment if you can afford one. People here are asking around the 100k mark for them, give or take, although they don't seem to be selling in a hurry. Took me 8 months of serious searching here and in the US before I finally pulled the trigger and another 3 months to get it in my driveway.

I hope you find what you're after one day.

Thanks. I will always have a soft spot for the 351. Easy to maintain, no real bugs and it will run forever if cared for. You have a great car Jimmy congrats.

Doc that's one hot roddin' ride you have there. I have nothing against the little foreign rockets except for the sound. I will always prefer the sound of large displacement over technology. Just a personal preference. Stay safe.

Not so much a ride, but the new toy. Been on one trip so far, absolutely love it, so much better than sitting up the tent haha. Early 1960's

IMG_0297.JPG

Blue one on the left is mine.

Untitled_Panorama1-3.jpg

It's gone 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile shifting and makes 800hp with the nitrous 710 without it at all 4 wheels (between 900 and 960 at the crank).

Usually it's sitting on Hoosier quick time pros but I had it out and about last year on the street tires. Unfortunately the only pic I have on Hoosiers is rathe small

297587_10150846715305057_840635056_20845499_1608468802_n.jpg

This is Rosinante (or Rocinante), my fabled daily driver. While this was not Rosi's first time off-road, this was the first time for my buddy filming. And it's hard to capture the reality of that situation, but that was some of the toughest stuff I've had to navigate to this date. Of course, I moved from Phoenix to Miami, so there's not really much around me that would compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-QFcET_KNQ

I made that look easy, but there were several factors in that traverse. Initially, we rolled up on two peeps with jacked up trucks having trouble with this. Tow straps... the whole nine, just to keep their rigs from flipping. And we roll up in two stock Wranglers... we rolled away after that with them shaking their heads in disbelief.

My buddy Chris on the same cliff as my previous video. Maybe a better angle to show the complexity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CGki6G5Gp0&feature=youtu.be

Rosinante in the dirt FTW! Nice moves Sum!

Your buddy's tires sucked.

Yep. His were slightly smaller than mine... and mine are the smallest that you can throw on a Wrangler, and still be respected by Jeepers. But we both made a bunch of peeps (in much bigger rigs) look bad that day. Chalk that up to driving skills and experience.

Adrenaline flows when you test a stock Jeep to uncomfortable limits. Especially in front of peeps with custom rigs.

Back