• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Proud Pappa!

here have some Chilli palinka from Hungary. :hell:
(its chilli based brandy)

and some chili beer
chili-beer.jpg

Here's a few more pics to tide you over:

C. parvifolium - 3 out of 3 seeds germinated
Cparvifolium.jpg

C. galapagoense - SLOWLY growing along
Cgalapagoense.jpg

C. chacoense 'CAP 501'
- 2 of 2 germinated
CAP501.jpg

That's better....now they are visible. I like the last one! No two leaves are facing the same direction :dance: Dysfunction Junction! :onfire:

I've got a Red Hab I call Croock. For whatever reason he is bent at the cots and all the growth above that is at a 45deg angle! Now that's he's bigger he has straightened up but that one section still has a kink of sorts.....I was hoping he would keep his character, but alas, that part is now below the soil.

Just ran out and checked the trays. Today's newest additions to the family are:

2 x Douglah
3 x Chocolate habaneros
2 x Dominican Red habaneros
2 x Fatalii
1 x Red 7 Pod
1 x 7 Pod Brain Strain
2 x Billy Goat

Well that's good to know.

The reason I asked is because I was able to obtain some C. galapagoense seeds from a couple of seed vendors.

One seed vendor told me not to throw out the seeds if they didn't germinate right away and even suggested that it might take up to 2 months for germination to occur.

30 days for germination is still quite slow for chile pepper seeds if you compare it to some seeds that sprout after only three days...but wild peppers are known to take just a little longer to get going than the average pepper seed. ;)

dvg

Interesting. My galapagoense germinated in about 5-6 days. Assuming they are what they are supposed to be...

:)

This weeks addition to the family:

2x Fresno
3x Holland Hot Finger
2x Cayenne Long Slim
2x Large Red Cherry
1x Yellow manzano
1x Spanish Paquillo
2x Brazilian Starfish
1x Bulgarian Carrot
1x Birgits Locoto
1x Aji Lemon Drop
1x Dorset Naga
2x Fatalii
1x Red Trinidad Scorpion
2x White habanero

Some more Douglahs, Choco Habs, Dominican Red Habs. :dance: :dance: :dance:

And to add insult to injury, it snowed this morning. Come on Spring!!!

Back