• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Proud Pappa!

Interesting. My galapagoense germinated in about 5-6 days. Assuming they are what they are supposed to be...

:)

I got the same speedy results with my galapagos seeds, a.k.a your galapagos seed source. I was kind of expecting them to take a while as well? I know for a fact that the seeds were harvested from a plant on Isabela Island last year growing in a family's back yard. My friend who got them for me said that the plant had been there for years, and the owners of the house didn't recall planting it there. That said, my seedlings don't look as furry as the one in Red Tail's picture... :think:

I guess only time will tell when they grow out, but they were described as small, shit-hot, berry-like chile peppers. On a related note, I am planning a trip to the Galapagos myself in the fall to visit my friend who does research down there, and I will most definitely smuggle some more seeds back back home!!! Might even try to snag some seeds during my layover in Quito as well...

I got the same speedy results with my galapagos seeds, a.k.a your galapagos seed source. I was kind of expecting them to take a while as well? I know for a fact that the seeds were harvested from a plant on Isabela Island last year growing in a family's back yard. My friend who got them for me said that the plant had been there for years, and the owners of the house didn't recall planting it there. That said, my seedlings don't look as furry as the one in Red Tail's picture... :think:

I guess only time will tell when they grow out, but they were described as small, shit-hot, berry-like chile peppers. On a related note, I am planning a trip to the Galapagos myself in the fall to visit my friend who does research down there, and I will most definitely smuggle some more seeds back back home!!! Might even try to snag some seeds during my layover in Quito as well...

Man, I honestly forgot where they came from, dj. Thanks for reminding me! I'm awful about documentation. And thanks again for the seed. Sure enough we'll both find out. Although I've lost two of my four already. We'll see...

Not including the ones still left in the germ trays:
Fresno - 16
Holland Hot Finger - 6
Thai - 3
Fatalii - 6
Douglah - 5
Chocolate hab - 4
Dorset naga - 3
T.S. Butch T - 3
Dominican Red Hab - 1
Brazilian starfish - 2
Cayenne long slim - 3
Aji cristal - 5
Large hot cherry - 4
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon - 3
Aji Lemon Drop - 5
Red 7 Pod - 2
Brain Strain - 2
Datil - 1
Red Trinidad Scorpion - 1
Birgit's Locoto - 2
Devil's tongue yellow - 1
Devil's tongue red - 1
Paper lantern - 3
Billy goat - 1
Aji Benito - 3
Bulgarian carrot - 1
Biker Billy jalapeno - 1

Now for my playthings:
NuMex Spanish Paquillo - 1
Rain Forest - 1
Sonoran chiltepin - 1
Texas chiltepin - 1
Chapeau de Frade - 1
Cumari pollux - 4
C. parvifolium - 2
Orange manzano - 1
Calusa Indian Mound pepper - 1
Ultra pube - 1
CAP 501 - 2
C. buforum - 1
C. galapagoense - 1
CAP 1482 - 1
CAP 1481 - 1
Cascabel - 1
CAP 333 - 1
PI 439381 - 1
Ecuadorian Red Pepper from Hell - 1
Rocoto rojo - 5
Florida wild - 1
Mini Mini - 1

Really thought I had a lot more than that. I did manage to kill two Pimenta de Neydes, one C. lanceolatum and various others.

Nice looking list Dan.

Don't forget to save some seeds. :whistle:

Tovarii ain't doing... I never got one to germinate.

Awww, that's too bad. :mope:

Maybe you can try it again next year, after you get some experience under yer belt there...

...word has it these are a tricky seed to sprout...

...best of luck to you with those next year... :dance:

dvg

Here's a couple pics of my favorites:

The 'Mini Mini'
012.jpg

C. parvifolium:
013.jpg

Time to repot or kick these guys outside soon. Four of my Rocotos:
015.jpg

The big mutt guarding the rest of the babies from kitty attack:
014.jpg

Back