• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pubescens Thread - CMPMAN1974 - 2009

Nice pics Chris, have you been having any problems with the maggot flies on the pubes? They really seem to like the pubescens. i have had my prize plant under the tulle so they do not mess it up.

Dale, not yet, BUT the pods I picked are from potted plants. THe maggots usually don't attack them. Inground Pubescens are a huge target. I had a gt yellow manzano spit out TONS of pods last year. I was in awe. Well, the pepper maggots were too and ate 95% of the pods. I was PISSED!!! I'll let you know how things go this year. I'm guessing they'll be back for dinner. :)

It ain't over yet.

Chris

P1080171.jpg

P1080172.jpg

P1080173.jpg

P1080175.jpg

The flowers are beautiful! My Facebook profile picture is an Aji flower. Everyone thought I was going a little feminine until I made them eat one! Great pics! Nice font also.

cmpman1974 said:
Junglerain, there are lots. I personally know of 110+ types. :) Who would've thought? lol.

Chris

What ones do you know of that have unusual shapes or coloring?
These are the ones I have;
25_C. Pubescens
Aji Lucento
Caballo
CAP 1033
CAP 1479
CAP 1492
CAP 1696
CAP 217 Hyper Pube
CAP 357
CAP 468
CGN 22797
CGN 23768
Manzano Amarillo
Orange Manzano XL
PI 593616
PI 614001
Rocoto de Seda
Rocoto Grande
Rocoto Peru Bitdomi
Rocoto Red
Rocoto San Isidro
Rojo Peron
Turbo Pube
Ultra Pube
Yellow Rocoto XL
yellow_orange mix

and these are what I have planted so far this season;
C. Pubescens;
2 x Manzano Amarillo
4 x Orange Manzano XL
6*x Yellow Rocoto XL
5 x Ultra Pube
2 x Rocoto Red
5 x Rocoto de Seda
5 x Rojo Peron
5 x Rocoto Grande
4 x Rocoto Peru Bitdumi
8*x CGN 23768
4 x CGN 22797
4 x PI 614001
2 x CAP 1033
2 x Unknown

Chris, are you getting any pods from the Papa Joe's pube yet. That is the one that i am getting the best results from this year. If so show me a pic.

Yes, it's doing the best for me too Dale. I'll try to take pics soon. There is one other plant that is massive so far called Rocoto Inca. It's a very interesting one that had very large pods when another grew it. I got it from a German friend.

Chris

Back