Public Service Post...Fresh Produce Vendors

Look, we all know this is not a PSA.

Your inspection statements are a dig at PepperLover.
Her Fresh From Florida/Tennessee statements are digs at you.

We're not stupid. The tit-for-tat has been going on for weeks, even in the ads.

You both look like children, not adults. Too bad neither of you are mature enough to know what healthy competition is. Stop the nonsense, other vendors are being hurt in the crossfire by your generic statements aimed at each other.

The Hot Pepper said:
Look, we all know this is not a PSA.

Your inspection statements are a dig at PepperLover.
Her Fresh From Florida/Tennessee statements are digs at you.

We're not stupid. The tit-for-tat has been going on for weeks, even in the ads.

You both look like children, not adults. Too bad neither of you are mature enough to know what healthy competition is. Stop the nonsense, other vendors are being hurt in the crossfire by your generic statements aimed at each other.

No idea what your talking about THP...This is a post to help inform the consumers here on THP.com.....However... I Sure hope you post a SIMILAR "warning" in pepperlover's posts too......I have taken the high road on her over posting and CONSTANT jabs at me and my business in the marketplace AD section...I havent come right out and said anything figuring the MODS or you would say something to her...I was wrong...She can continue to jab at me WITHOUT trying to be coy about it, and IM the one who gets repremanded for posting a helpful informative thread....She posts 4 or 5 Ads for every one i post right on top of me, all while jabbing at me and my business with remarks that are borderline slander....without so much as a warning to her....hope to see some professional and unbiased handouts of these "warnings"....

I am getting fresh pods from TN ! As far as i know i think most states do not require anything of the such. Similar to what RTF stated.

Get a grip dale. Most states and federal DO NOT require ANYTHING for fresh produce. Ever heard of farmers markets? All your Florida fresh mumbo jumbo is nothing more than you paying money and someone else making money. It means nothing.

Maybe you should go burn all your reaper plants again like you claimed you did them turn around and sell reapers the next day.

As THP said, this is nothing more than you digging at Judy again. Get a life.

I make statements like...

"Fresh From Florida" & "Get your peppers from Inspected/registered growers" & "True. Authentic. Florida Grown"

and all kinds of statements about my business and my products... but i have never once directed ANY statements directly at ANY other vendor in the last year or so (I have cleaned up my act as im sure you have noticed). You may have chose to "read between the lines" and came to your own conclusions about what i may or may not be saying...but the fact is i have never directed anything at pepperlover...well at least not in the past year or so! She has done nothing but come after me all year long and i have quietly went about my business, while posting things like "Fresh From Florida"...She attacks everything i post....and is allowed to keep doing it....why?? show me a post where i have directly called out pepperlover...i can show you a bunch where she attacks everything i say or do! I recall the marketplace being a place for business only....thats all i have used it for....i cant say the same for pepperlover....

You have never once seen me post something like "Dont get your peppers from the hillbilly mountains of tennessee.." As thats a DIRECT jab at pepperlover...but she has posted TONS of similar things about me...IN THE MARKETPLACE at that! Really bossman?? The members here have seen it too...my email is loaded with emails asking me "Are you going to just sit there and take that from Judy @ Pepperlover?" All i did was make positive statements about myself and my business and warn consumers about where their peppers come from.......never once directed at pepperlover...purposely! So i could sit here today and defend myself when it came to a head!

I would have taken this issue to you directly THP bossman but my messages to you are blocked for some reason...and im a paying extreme biz member on top of that...my apologiesthat it had to come out here in the public threads...but i tried to get to you privately...with ZERO luck..You just "warning" me put me over the top man.....

Dale Jr

mmcdermott1 said:
Maybe you should go burn all your reaper plants again like you claimed you did them turn around and sell reapers the next day.

Whoa Mike....pump the brakes my man.....

Let me first start by saying that you growing outdoors in Ohio, you have ZERO knowledge about how fast i turn around my plants from seed here in Florida. Period.

Secondly, you dont know that i had plants a foot tall already when i burned my original "Carolina Reaper" plants. I had plenty of "The Reaper" all over 1 1/2 ft tall READY to replace them...a few months later BOOM we have pods....why is that like rocket science to you?? I am a grower that other growers LOVE to hate on...rightfully so...I would if i was up against me :) No worries :) 

Mike, i tried to contact you privately before posting this, but your box is full in PM....sorry my man...u came at me...i defended...i thought we were actually cool....

Dale Jr

I have been ordering from Judy (pepperlover) for the entire summer and her products are GREAT! if i had the funds to I would buy her entire crop :). shes a very nice woman to work with and I cant wait til next year! she has also increased my profit margin by A LOT. THANKS JUDY! I dont owe her a ton of money either. :D

Lol other vendors are worried about you? Dale I throw more pods on the ground than you send out bud. Your no threat to me.
In terms of reapers I could care less where you grow. Peppers are peppers. And you said you burnt ALL your reapers which as you states above was a lie.

see..again mike...didnt say u fear me...i said other growers love to hate on me.....lol....i thought we were cool....i was wrong

PexPeppers said:
I have been ordering from Judy (pepperlover) for the entire summer and her products are GREAT! if i had the funds to I would buy her entire crop :). shes a very nice woman to work with and I cant wait til next year! she has also increased my profit margin by A LOT. THANKS JUDY! I dont owe her a ton of money either. :D
That makes two of us my brotha ive order some this summer and last season nothing but pure goodness and will be back for more you can bet on that!

mmcdermott1 said:
Lol other vendors are worried about you? Dale I throw more pods on the ground than you send out bud. Your no threat to me.
In terms of reapers I could care less where you grow. Peppers are peppers. And you said you burnt ALL your reapers which as you states above was a lie.

Mike, I am there right with you on this. He came into chat multiple times stating that he had burned all his peppers we asked him why he gave no answer he said " he had his reasons" he stated it multiple times when asked on multiple occasions. He then stated that he was ONLY growing Primos NOT reapers. To me i don't care for the fancy sticker or stamp be an honest person and an honest business man and people will buy from you. 

mmcdermott1 said:
 Dale I throw more pods on the ground than you send out bud.
You CLEARLY have no idea how much volume i do every week Mike....if you did you would reconsider that statement im sure :) And yes i said EVERY week....not harvest once or twice maybe 3 times a year!

again...for the last time my man...i have no beef with u...never have...never had a reason too :)

Dale jr
ItBurns said:

Mike, I am there right with you on this. He came into chat multiple times stating that he had burned all his peppers we asked him why he gave no answer he said " he had his reasons" he stated it multiple times when asked on multiple occasions. He then stated that he was ONLY growing Primos NOT reapers. To me i don't care for the fancy sticker or stamp be an honest person and an honest business man and people will buy from you. 
Tell the truth my man...i did come into the chatroom, and i did say i burned my Carolina Reaper plants.....Didnt know i was supposed to release ALL of my business to THP.com.....What i grow and how much of it i grow is MY business right? I burned ALL my full grown plants......end of story...no lies...no deception....

BakersPeppers said:
Tell the truth my man...i did come into the chatroom, and i did say i burned my Carolina Reaper plants.....Didnt know i was supposed to release ALL of my business to THP.com.....What i grow and how much of it i grow is MY business right? I burned ALL my full grown plants......end of story...no lies...no deception....

No, you said ALL your Reapers, and that you had no interest in growing that pepper anymore, just Primos... I was there. And now you're selling reapers again after a fishing trip with pepperjoe... I'd say I smell something fishy, but I saw the pictures ya'll did haul in some tail. 

This thread is like a train wreck - ugly but I keep peeking in....

Dale, I only dealt with you once and it was good. Judy happens to have excellent peppers at a much better price. On top of that her selection is amazing and she offers incredible "perks". With that said, I buy from Judy and make no apologies for it.

meinchoh said:
This thread is like a train wreck - ugly but I keep peeking in....

Dale, I only dealt with you once and it was good. Judy happens to have excellent peppers at a much better price. On top of that her selection is amazing and she offers incredible "perks". With that said, I buy from Judy and make no apologies for it.
No apology required my man....as i stated in my earlier posts here...i love all the members here...no worries :)

Dale Jr

Add on:
All i tried to do was inform the consumers of where their peppers are coming from...and out of the woodwork comes EVERYONE about how I'm "this and that"..... 

Its ok guys...i deserve the hate....im trying to make these peppers available to the masses year round, keep you informed on how/where they come from, and i get hate from all...not ONE single positive reply...........

No more "info" posts from me.....not worth ALL THE HATE! Ive cleaned up my act and dont get drawn into these "Battles" anymore...you wont see any more fight outta me....Just TOP quality peppers and products Year round! I will STAY working 8 days a week, month in and month out to keep fresh peppers in stock and the website up and running! So feel free to drop by if for some CRAZY reason you cant find them anywhere else ;) Im done....

Dale Jr

BakersPeppers said:
No apology required my man....as i stated in my earlier posts here...i love all the members here...no worries :)

Dale Jr

Add on:
All i tried to do was inform the consumers of where their peppers are coming from...and out of the woodwork comes EVERYONE about how I'm "this and that"..... 

Its ok guys...i deserve the hate....im trying to make these peppers available to the masses year round, keep you informed on how/where they come from, and i get hate from all...not ONE single positive reply...........

No more "info" posts from me.....not worth ALL THE HATE! Ive cleaned up my act and dont get drawn into these "Battles" anymore...you wont see any more fight outta me....Just TOP quality peppers and products Year round! Im done....

Dale Jr
NOT ONE SINGLE POSITIVE POST ?? NO It cant be?
its negative because you made it negative
all these people coming out of the" woodwork"
Id take it as a general consensus and marinate on it my man if you didn't lie they wouldn't say you have lied? ,if your prices weren't so high people wouldn't say that too high? and I stand corrected I previously said it's better to sell 40@$20 than 20@$29.99 haven't been to your website in awhile
no pun intended but still @$26.99/sfrb the competition still has you beat .

Smitty said:
NOT ONE SINGLE POSITIVE POST ?? NO It cant be?
its negative because you made it negative
all these people coming out of the" woodwork"
Id take it as a general consensus and marinate on it my man if you didn't lie they wouldn't say you have lied? ,if your prices weren't so high people wouldn't say that too high? and I stand corrected I previously said it's better to sell 40@$20 than 20@$29.99 haven't been to your website in awhile
no pun intended but still @$26.99/sfrb the competition still has you beat .
Thought i was done....but i cant let misinformation go to potential customers who may read this.....

Heres the link....not a single box over $22.99 (And to be QUITE frank with you kind folks here....if you can find better quality, fresher, more consistent, peppers year round i do not blame you if you get them from another place, if you do find those qualities elsewhere they will deserve your business over coming to me!! Im man enough to admit that to ANYONE!) I can say this with passion and honest backings of what i have invested in my products! I work my BEHIND off every day and i can NOT afford to just GIVE them away as i do run a business and have a family to feed ...Im sure most of you out there can relate.......

*But i do host monthly contests here on THP.com for your chance to WIN some free swag & peppers in case you wondered :)

http://bakerspeppers.com/Fresh-Peppers_c2.htm

Sorry, now i hope im done, pending any more misinfo i need to correct

Dale Jr

illWill said:
They may be on sale for that much but to be fair, their "regular" price appears to be 39.99
Ok...not done it seems....

To be fair in return they have NEVER been that price longer than the time it takes me to realize the sale dates i entered in my store page have expired (No longer than overnight really). When i update product info it has a "Sale Price" section with dates set to run on a calendar (Go Daddy store builder) It expires sometimes, but other than that they have NEVER been more than that. Dont get me wrong, there has been folks who order at 5 am overnight on a night it happens to end and they have paid that "regular" price. But that cant be helped, and honestly if they paid that price they must have needed the peppers for something serious! :D LOL

Sale Price VS. Regular Price....Business 101 my man ;)

See you asked and i answered.....honestly! :)

Dale Jr

Back