• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Putting hot peppers into scrambled eggs

I love cutting up the long green hot peppers and one (or two) orange Hab that I get at the local supermarket, lighting cooking them in melted butter, then throwing in scrambled eggs and making a hot omelet. Anyone else like doing that??

StoneySauce said:
My favorite omelette meat is chorizo. Then again, I'd rather die than eat tofu and rice cakes!

Mmmm, it's not just for breakfast anymore. ;)

I agree - I just eat the chorizo/eggs on tortillas like a taco.

QuadShotz said:
Yup, watch any cooking show..they all use EVOO these days.

Hmnm..imagines Rachel Ray coverd in EVOO...

I would rather imagine Giada Delaurentis than Rachel Ray

Txclosetgrower said:
I use cheap evoo for saute'ing, good eveoo for salads, sandwiches (paninis omfg mmm), and anything uncooked. But cheap evoo is better than butter imo opinion, but if you like it one way i'm not gonna argue with you guys. I say to each his own, no one is right or wrong when it comes to taste.

Agreed.

I looove hot peppers & eggs. I have a non-stick pan & I just spray a lil butter flavored Crisco in for "frying." My fave peppers for eggs are habs & serranos. I typically make 3 eggs @ a time & use one hab & one serrano. I top it off w/ a few drops of tabasco & maybe a lil shredded cheese.

Ohhhh....I LOVE adding hot peppers to my eggs. However, lately I've found another treat. I like to take some potatoes and make home-fries. While the home-fries are cooking up, I'll add some Hot Peppers, either orange habs, chocolate habs or Red Savinas into the skillet of potatoes. Next I like to add some of my homemade Cayenne powder along with some garlic and paprika. Once everything is cooked and golden brown, I place it all into a large bowl and top with cheese. Next I put it in the oven while I'm cooking 3 eggs over-easy. When the eggs are done, top the home-fries with the eggs and enjoy.

After typing this, I think I might have to make this for dinner.

StoneySauce said:
If you have heart or cholesterol problems then this may not be the best thing for you.

that's why I take one lipitor a day.... :lol: and I eat what I want...if I watched my diet, I could probably quit taking the cholesterol medicine...

Pfft. My Dr. keeps harping on me to watch my diet and I keep telling him that I do. I watch everything that I put in my mouth...LOL. Seriously though, I enjoy cooking AND eating to much to worry about my diet. I just try to stay as active as possible and enjoy life.

Back