• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Questions about a 10' pumpkin.

bentalphanerd said:
I was thinking also that the timber, expense & labour was a viable method of avoiding the embarrassment of buying pantihose & telling stories like Pams.

Geeez, you're no fun,

rainbowberry said:
Yeah but you need to speak English, I can't translate American :)
we seem to use a hybrid here in canada, so let me ask you: when pronouncing the letter z do you say zee or zed? most people here say zed but i've had debates with zee-sayers and they always resort to the zz top defense but they're an american band...

GrumpyBear said:
we seem to use a hybrid here in canada, so let me ask you: when pronouncing the letter z do you say zee or zed? most people here say zed but i've had debates with zee-sayers and they always resort to the zz top defense but they're an american band...
Here it's 'zed', 'litre' and so on... but I personally say 'zee'.

It looks like a Blue.... leave it the longer on the vine the better. Its not like its gonna get a rotten bottom,
and if its a blue you could drop it from a 5 story building on concrete and it would just leave a divit lol

Nice pic by the way.

GrumpyBear said:

Definitely zed GB, I've never heard an English person say zee.

AlabamaJack said:
Hey Bent...when ever you make your support for the pumpkin...please post a pic...thanks

The main vine holding onto it is a 2" wide pipe. an inch above the join is 4 more 1" vines at right angles grabbing onto nearby tree branches. Looks like it's built its own support.
I think I'll leave this one go & see if it hangs on. If not I'll build supports for the other 2.

rainbowberry said:
Definitely zed GB, I've never heard an English person say zee.

except for the kids who learned the rhyming alphabet song from sesame street

well 1st us americans do not pronounce "zebra" as " zeebra " its a simple " zebra " the Z is just a short ZE sound in that word & finish speaking the " ebra "
& by the sounds of the way you others pronounce the letter " z " you'd say " zedebra "

the letter Z is not suppose to have any " D " sounding syllable in it. I know other places pronounce things different but how in the heck do you say the letter Z ? Z-ed or Zed like in the name " edith " ?

then how do you pronounce these letters ?

B = Bee
C = Cee
D = Dee
G = Gee
P = Pee
T = Tee
V = Vee
Z = Zee

in my book thats the correct way :lol:

or do you all say them like this

B = Bed
C = Ced
D = Ded
E = Eed
G = Ged
P = Ped
T = Ted
V = Ved
Z = Zed

:lol:

rainbowberry said:
Yes Zebra, not Zeebra, even Zedbra sounds more like it to me than Zeebra. I'm getting all confused previewing this post.

"Say there, Captain, do you see? There's a horse in striped pajamas

No, that's not what it is at all. That's an animal people call a zeeeebra

I see, but it still looks like a horse in striped pajamas to me"

chilehunter said:
well 1st us americans do not pronounce "zebra" as " zeebra " its a simple " zebra " the Z is just a short ZE sound in that word & finish speaking the " ebra "
& by the sounds of the way you others pronounce the letter " z " you'd say " zedebra "

the letter Z is not suppose to have any " D " sounding syllable in it. I know other places pronounce things different but how in the heck do you say the letter Z ? Z-ed or Zed like in the name " edith " ?

then how do you pronounce these letters ?

B = Bee
C = Cee
D = Dee
G = Gee
P = Pee
T = Tee
V = Vee
Z = Zee

in my book thats the correct way :lol:

or do you all say them like this

B = Bed
C = Ced
D = Ded
E = Eed
G = Ged
P = Ped
T = Ted
V = Ved
Z = Zed

:lol:

It's Zed so it rhymes with led, all the others in the your first list are right apart from Zee. The second list is all wrong apart from the Zed. Hey do I get the final say here as I'm English? ;)

Back