• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rainbowberry's colourful harvest

I haven't tasted the Mustard habs yet. I sent my first pod to someone a week or so ago and they said:

Mustard Hab - Slightly sweeter smell than the antillais caribbean. Lovely colour. Again, flesh is moist and melts in mouth. Tastes beautiful and fresh. Smoky edge. Heat starts after five minutes, peaks after 15 and is gone after 25 mins. Wow. Taste 8.5/10, Heat 9/10

Thanks for letting me know RB they sound like a wonderful hab sauce chilli...garlic a touch of english hot....mmm the mind is ticking!

Damn you have alot of ripe peppers this early in the season. Mine won't be ready until nov or later. Your peppers look awesome. I can't wait to see my Mustard's I only have a couple of flowers blooming on it so far.

Absolutely fantastic RB! Some very nice and HOT peppers happening there.
How do you find the heat/taste on the Tobago? Got a few going, but some are hot and some are not! Good luck with processing those hot babies.

rainbowberry said:
Thank you everyone. I de-seeded 2 bowlfuls of these earlier and surprisingly my hands arn't one fire.

I haven't tasted the Mustard habs yet. I sent my first pod to someone a week or so ago and they said:

Mustard Hab - Slightly sweeter smell than the antillais caribbean. Lovely colour. Again, flesh is moist and melts in mouth. Tastes beautiful and fresh. Smoky edge. Heat starts after five minutes, peaks after 15 and is gone after 25 mins. Wow. Taste 8.5/10, Heat 9/10

You know I can burn baked beans Pauley. I wouldn't risk wasting the pods to attempt a sauce :shocked: I can just imagine myself like some kind of witch stirring her cauldron and emptying the contents of my cupboards to make some kind of terrible hot concoction whilst rabbiting away to my black dog and getting him to taste it at various stages
character00136.gif

Go get them sauces going R.B witch never heres a pic took of you making some bbq sauce :rolleyes:

3.gif

D`ont be you deserve it..Absolutely beautiful day here so im getting some gardening done..what you up to :)

yellow-butterfly.gif

My tobago seasoning don't look anything like those!

I think Trini has propogated a hundred or so new varieties with her kindness!!lol.

AJ's are turning yellow, mine are red but pointy. The flavor is like nothing else though.

cheezydemon said:
My tobago seasoning don't look anything like those!

Nor do anyones elses :lol:
talas said:
D`ont be you deserve it..Absolutely beautiful day here so im getting some gardening done..what you up to :)

yellow-butterfly.gif

You've stolen my sunshine, you know it normally belongs in the South-East. I'm still nursing my burnt hands from chopping up all those peppers.

Back