• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rainbowberry's colourful harvest

Little Welsh dragon all tired...arr

fantasy-dragon-13.gif

smiles at the queen of heat..

flower-027.gif

The rocotos look amazing! wonderful job!

I hope ya don't mind me asking, but where did ya get the seeds from? are the seeds inside black?

rainbowberry said:
I've found the heat on the Tobago varies too Micca, but most of mine arn't mild.

Definately seems to vary alot. I got mine from a lady in the netherlands and thought they might have been crossed. One plant looks alot like yours RB and the other is pointy like Cheezydemon's. I have decided to grow some plants from seed that i purchased from Chilliseeds.co.uk and will be interested to see how these turn out.
Nice going with those little Caterpillars too, mmmm yummy!

So now i've got to ask RB, what's your favourite Pepper out of all these? I know that all Peppers are unique in some way, but surely you must favour some over the others.

Omri said:
The rocotos look amazing! wonderful job!

I hope ya don't mind me asking, but where did ya get the seeds from? are the seeds inside black?

I think it was someone off CG's Omri. Off course the seeds are black ;) they taste apple like, thick fleshed, very heavy pods and the seeds are in a little pocket inside, and the plant is hairy and sprawls over everything like ivy. The Orange Rocoto that I'm growing dosen't have the round shape like the red though.

Micca302 said:
Definately seems to vary alot. I got mine from a lady in the netherlands and thought they might have been crossed. One plant looks alot like yours RB and the other is pointy like Cheezydemon's. I have decided to grow some plants from seed that i purchased from Chilliseeds.co.uk and will be interested to see how these turn out.
Nice going with those little Caterpillars too, mmmm yummy!

So now i've got to ask RB, what's your favourite Pepper out of all these? I know that all Peppers are unique in some way, but surely you must favour some over the others.

The Aribibi Gusano (caterpillars) are really nice, a real pain to de-seed though. My favourite out of all those are the Chocolate, Peach and Orange Habs, actually any of them with the name 'habanero' really. I probably use the Orange Habs the most.

rainbowberry said:
The Aribibi Gusano (caterpillars) are really nice, a real pain to de-seed though. My favourite out of all those are the Chocolate, Peach and Orange Habs, actually any of them with the name 'habanero' really. I probably use the Orange Habs the most.

I still have a thing for the good ol original Orange Hab. Has such a fruity flavour that's hard to find in other Peppers. After years of trying to find that taste without the heat i seem to have found that there is a flavour/heat relationship(but that's another topic).

rainbowberry said:
I think it was someone off CG's Omri. Off course the seeds are black ;) they taste apple like, thick fleshed, very heavy pods and the seeds are in a little pocket inside, and the plant is hairy and sprawls over everything like ivy. The Orange Rocoto that I'm growing dosen't have the round shape like the red though.
Yes, that's the shape I'm after. the ones the seed companies showed on their website is kinda longer. can you remember that someone's nick? or maybe you could spare a few seeds my way? :)
Never had rocotos and they look extremely tasty! the temps *should* get lower soon, so it's just the right time to get them up.

Yeah off course I'll send you some seeds Omri. I wouldn't say these are hot though. I've just found out who they're from (Afterburn) a lot of my plants are from his seeds. I've actually got Red Rocoto seeds left from what he gave me this year. There's 12 left if you want them, I can always send more when mine have dried out if you like. Someone told me that the Red Rocotos are usually this round shape with the Orange and Yellow being more oval shaped.

rainbowberry said:
Yeah off course I'll send you some seeds Omri. I wouldn't say these are hot though. I've just found out who they're from (Afterburn) a lot of my plants are from his seeds. I've actually got Red Rocoto seeds left from what he gave me this year. There's 12 left if you want them, I can always send more when mine have dried out if you like. Someone told me that the Red Rocotos are usually this round shape with the Orange and Yellow being more oval shaped.
Yours look amazing. much better shape than the ones I've seen elsewhere (including thechileman.org)... at least in my opinion.
I thought they were meant to be "Extremeley Hot", is that not the case? anyways, I would absoloutly love to get a few seeds from that gene pool. they look delicious!

Beautiful images! Fantastic peppers! Have you ever made a video of your garden for YouTube? I would love to see it.

Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

PrairieChilihead said:
Beautiful images! Fantastic peppers! Have you ever made a video of your garden for YouTube? I would love to see it.

Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

No I've never thought about making a video. Nearly all my plants are in the greenhouse and you wouldn't see too much as it's so crowded, I can't stand up in it and the plants are growing at all sorts of funny angles, they all hold each other up. I tried to move two plants out of the greenhouse the other week and the rest of the row fell down like dominos.

Wow Rainbowberry! Those pictures like like they could be in a cookery book! Well done! They look so colourful and shiny. Were they all planted at the same time? What was the highest yielding variety?
Tori

Hi Tori, thank you. They weren't all planted at the same time as I purposely tried to stagger them out so I'd have a more 'even crop' than last year, and because of failure for some to germinate so I kept trying. The biggest producer has been the PC-1 but I won't shout about that one ;) otherwise it's the Orange Habs so far with the Red Rocoto closely following.

Wonderful looking peppers, sooo tasty looking.

Oh and holy cow I love the presentation and labels.

/bows to your awesomeness

Back