• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

randyp 2016 IOWA,,Older and (bud) Wiser grow.

Hello my friends,I am still in the cold  and slow time of year.I have my first(3) seedlings of the year.The first plant was the "Mystery Wine".A Chis Joyner masterpiece that eluded my garden last year due to my failure to do a good job drying seeds.I got this from a pod the reigning Growdown Champ (terry) sent me.Not many changes this year,And I still need the right hip replaced,I am holding out as long as I can,(7 years till I retire)I will update what's going in the garden when I see them in a pot,I put out a list before that never rang true so we will delay my "Wish List"
   Thanks for stopping by all you old and soon to be friends.My updates will pick up when my weather does,
Good luck to all of you this year.
Randy

To go forward we must look back.
the top is my first grow out of buckets 3 years or so ago,the bottom is the 2015 grow with beds and an automatic water drip system
SANY0002.JPG

DSCF8575gardensot10-9.jpg

this is the new grow room which was raised  to 30 inches.I can get down fine,getting up is a bitch,lol
DSCF9130.jpg

installed doors on the seed starting station to help control temps..(my daughters old dollhouse I made her at 5 years old)I used parts lids I got from work.One had a neat drawing from a fellow co-worker must have worked up while not working.I liked it and decided I am an art collector.
DSCF9153.jpg

DSCF9133.jpg

There are 2 types of trays.Jiffy pucks(top) and a 3 mix starter I made.My starter had the first seedlings by the way.
DSCF9156.jpg

Joyners "mystery wine"
DSCF9164.jpg

LOT-Jalapeno-onion-garlic and carrot ferment started 2 weeks ago.
DSCF9110.jpg

A pork butt cooked today to take to the AC/DC concert in Kansas City Sunday.Mini vacation,3 days in BBQ town.
DSCF9160.jpg

one more and I'm out.My furniture eating jack russell-shih tzu dog Ryley will also be back to rid my yard of cats.
DSCF9162.jpg

Devv said:
All I can say is Thank you!

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

Beautiful humungus peppers! And so many!

Those Yellows sure are tasty! Sauces here we come!

Thanks again Buddy!
Thank you, Scott, 

OCD Chilehead said:
It was smoked and damn good. Couldn't tell what kinda wood. I'm not good at those kind of things. Come to think of it. I don't think I've ever smoked pods before. How long do you smoke them for?
Apple Wood for 2 hrs cold smoke Chuck

stickman said:
Love the look of those dried pods Randy! It's nice to see all that stored summer sunshine in a jar. :party:
thank's Rick,ran out of jars this week.lol

plants pulled,water lines put away,beds turned over,lawn mowed,The yard is now "CLOSED"until spring 2017
DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0927.jpg

DSCF0926.jpg

Rymerpt said:
Nice grow sir
Thanks for stopping in Rym.

Funny how you get so attached to them, and pulling them hurts. I'm into this season 10 months now, after a crummy start. Next season is my deciding year, as to whether it's best to start in Dec and do a spring grow or start in early summer for a fall grow. I'll give the Dec grow hell and see from there. :rolleyes:

Back