• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Real Town Names

talas said:
Funny i remember driving down to Pennsylvania from up state new york with my American family as they have a cabin there and admiring the unspoilt/pristine woodland and being late October the colors and the fact it was my first hunting trip of sorts,It surprised to see those 19 century style horse & traps going down the streets and the amish with there 18/19 century clothing and then men walking with guns..With there young sons with b.bs and the like doing the same and taxidermists everywhere.Seeing the amish there i admired them in away..trying to carry as of a few hundred years ago in a simple life..But paradise no i think we haven't been there as a race for an awfully long time and love Pennsylvania for its colors,sounds and its people and i met some really nice folks from all walks of life ;)

Sickmont said:
Oh, yeah I love PA. Especially growing up in New Jersey, Pennsylvania was almost a magical place to go. You know, there are signs on the border when you're leaving NJ to go into PA that say "Welcome to Pennsylvania. America starts here." and i totally agree with it.

Awww you guys :) PA is great. Good people and beautiful country. It's a great place to raise kids. Believe it or not there aren't as many Amish people as they make it out to be on tv. I live in Lancaster county and I have to go looking for them if I want to see them. Sure there is the Dutch Wonderland toursit area, but I'm not even sure if they are really Amish there. Oh and SM Bird-in-Hand is right down there in the same area as Intercourse. (30 mins) I guess if you miss Intercourse you may find yourself in (with) Bird-in-Hand.

I've always been partial to Nowhere, Texas

Some Aussie ones:

Binnalong
Binnaway

and an English one somewhere near Reading:

Toker's Green

I forgot:
Wee Jasper

and we got lost of mounts, eg

Mount Victoria

Sickmont said:
Hmmmmm.....that sounds like the perfect place to get away from it all.

Then there is always Uncertain, Texas....now I like that one even better...

AlabamaJack said:
Then there is always Uncertain, Texas....now I like that one even better...

Both great when your between the tracks and nowhere is just fine,Great names :lol:

ring sting said:
Some Aussie ones:

Binnalong
Binnaway

and an English one somewhere near Reading:

Toker's Green

I forgot:
Wee Jasper

and we got lost of mounts, eg

Mount Victoria

That reminds me that I went to high school in the town of Mount Joy. Man there were a lot of f#@ked up people here in PA naming the towns.

JayT said:
That reminds me that I went to high school in the town of Mount Joy. Man there were a lot of f#@ked up people here in PA naming the towns.

They must of had time on there hands..Or just vivid imaginations :lol:

You know you've been too long out in the wilderness exploring with 100 blokes and no women when....

You call a mountain range Les Grand Tetons

Back