• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red MOA Scotch Bonnets Community Grow

A while back Cmpman1974 started a thread for a SASBE of red MOA bonnets. As one of the lucky individuals that got in on this awesomeness, I figured i'd start a community glog for these babies. Anyone that got these seeds feel free to posty up your picks. These are all courtesy of the gracious generosity of Cmpman1974 and KiNGDeNNiZ, Thanks alot guys, y'all rock!
 Oh and on an unrelated note, this is my first time creating a glog so if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do differently, don't hesitate to chime in. 

NOW POSTY UP!

eCzb9G7.jpg

Not the best Image, I know... Like I said this is my first time doing this, lol.

semillas said:
I´d gess the source was a hybrid or worst, a hybrid of hybrid

Is anyone holding a stock of original yellow seeds?
i know someones got some... as for the purity.. that will always been in question.. i have sent many around the world and stateside... that have still gotten the B+ to A- pod shapes.. i am also growing another seed batch that is supposively from the JMoA as well.. so this will have to wait and see...if i can get it to grow well i will isolate it at my sisters house.. ( no pepper is growing there) and i dont think anyone around is growing.. when it starts to bud up

coachspencerxc said:
I'll go. Here are 2 of my little Red Scotch Bonnets. Twas a very generous offer. THANKS! Excited to see the finished product.
Hgn3vNY.jpg

Whoa! That came out a little bigger than I'd hoped. Sorry.
these came out delicious 9 months later!

Finally after a damp English summer I have my first MoA Red .... pleased on two counts ... it's my first and it's red. Plenty more pods to come but I might struggle to get that perfect Steve954 mushroom pheno

I planted 3 Red MOAs, I have 3 different pods.

This one is producing the most.  Not sure but I think this is the expected pheno.  Looks like the ones I got from Wicked Mike this spring, only walls are quite a bit thicker.  Nice solid pods.
IMG_20150829_195750435_zpspi4oiesk.jpg

Second red one is shaped different. Bigger overall with some of the early ones being huge.  Even thicker walled than the ones above.
IMG_20150829_195815387_zpshwbxt1u1.jpg

Even though not red, these are awesome and maybe my favorite for taste and looks and everything.  Hoping I can reproduce these next year.  They are heavy thick meaty pods with a load of flavor.
IMG_20150829_195846111_zpsg3fdqnpq.jpg

Between all the pictures here on this thread and the plants I am growing, I don't believe this to be a red MoA. I hate to say it! I was really hoping for one.

Does anyone know where to get some isolated true yellow MOA seed? Judy seems to be out and not sure if/when she will be adding more.

i have seeds from various sources, none i'm 100% sure are isolated though. that's why i started like 10 plants, i gave 4 of em away 

Scorched said:
Does anyone know where to get some isolated true yellow MOA seed? Judy seems to be out and not sure if/when she will be adding more.

Jamison said:
Between all the pictures here on this thread and the plants I am growing, I don't believe this to be a red MoA. I hate to say it! I was really hoping for one.
I don't doubt it was a cross of some sort...all I know is the seeds I sent Judy were from Steve batch he harvested after year one plants...you're right on the shape. .definitely off..some claim the flavor is right there with the yellow. ..possibly because of expectations and so their mind thinks it..

These were from my plants again seeds were from steve... sadly plant died due to mites and shapes are off possibly due to my erio mites... most of the pods looked similar. Sent most of these seeds to Steve this year... guess will have to wait...

Back