• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Red Robin burgers

The burger place Red Robin, not sure if they are a national chain, has 2 burgers with ghost pepper products on them. Sounds good, will check it out this weekend.

Redrobin.com

they have them in tennessee,and florida. ive never ate at one,even know one was 5 minutes from my house in tennessee. the family would go there all the time with the youth grou from church. but you know i had to get home,lol.. the ghost must be new cause the wife never said anything about that!

i just checked the the canadian location menu, the nastiest thing they put on is jalapeno.

here is their description:
"Get ready to crank up the heat! Pepper-Jack cheese, jalapeños, fresh tangy salsa layered on a juicy beef burger and topped with crisp lettuce, tomatoes and chipotle mayo to cool things off"

i just checked the the canadian location menu, the nastiest thing they put on is jalapeno.

here is their description:
"Get ready to crank up the heat! Pepper-Jack cheese, jalapeños, fresh tangy salsa layered on a juicy beef burger and topped with crisp lettuce, tomatoes and chipotle mayo to cool things off"

Complain, get the ghost pepper stuff up north......

No ghost peppers at the one near me in OH, either. Still, not my fav place to get burgers, or anything else, for that matter. I've never been overly impressed with the food, and I've never gone that the service wasn't ridiculously slow - it shouldn't require one to plan a minimum of two hours for lunch. Quit going after not too many visits because of it.

The to burgers are call the Cry Baby and the Fiery Ghost.....hope the actually have some heat.

They are both showing available on the local menu here in Lexington. Been there a few times and it was decent but nothing to write home about. I try not to go to chain restaraunts if at all possible but not bad for a burger. Let us know how it is!

I like the Royal burger they serve, it has a poached egg on it. I usually order it with some jalapeños added on.

Will be there this weekend.

Anybody ever get the ghost pepper cheese from Costco? That was some HOT cheese, made a great grilled cheese sandwich.

Yep, gonna have to try it out. Doubt it will be that hot though. Appears on the menu that it only has "ghost pepper ketchup". And the difference between the Cry Baby and the Fiery Ghost is fried and fresh jalapenos? Doubt it would make that much difference unless the ghost pepper ketchup doesn't have much burn.

waste of time. If you want a ghost pepper burger bring some powder with and hit up your favorite burger joint. I'm sure it will put anything they are serving to shame. It's just a gimmick and that makes me sick. You know there's going to be like .005 percent ghost pepper extract in there and it's not even going to have any flavor. I will put money that it isn't even as hot as a habanero. Augh well, let us know how it is Armac. If it isn't up to par, throw it on the floor and demand your money back...make us proud.

Chain stores/corporations of all sorts are trying to appeal to the new "spicy" tastes of consumers. Just by the fact that those reading this post are here on THP, it's a pretty good guess that your personal heat tastes are above the general consumer heat levels that corporations are looking to.

I've purchased MANY "chipolte, spicy, red chile, etc, etc," snacks and chips. The 'Kid always looks at them in fear and then after taking a nibble...."That's not hot!" And he's not even a hardcore chilehead.

We don't have many occasions to be able to eat at restaurants. So when I do I look for a place that will offer something spicy. Even when dining with my hubby, who is not as hot of a chilehead as myself, most of the time, he will ask for something to kick up the heat. I carry a couple different things with me in my purse to enhance the meals when it's not hot enough.

I suffered through a lunch recently at Applebee's, ordered their Spicy Stirfry platter thing. It had a little red chile next to the name on the the menu, should have had some kind of heat, right???? NOT!

:sigh: bring out the stash.....

I even commented to the server about the lack of heat, and he acknowledged that they make their dishes for the "general public".....

Try that ghost pepper cheese from Costco.....I think IT may be up to your standards King.

Extremely doubtful but I go there often so I will check it out.

hahahahahahahahahaha....the general public....."A bunch of bloody fools I tell you" I stopped counting on any restaurant to give me my spicy fix. Although I do have to say that I got a meal from The Rain Forest Cafe (Don't know if anyone knows of the chain) and the heat level burned me up....in saying that, this was back when I was only eating habaneros but even now I'm sure it would give more kick than anything I've had anywhere else. They did have this ghost pepper hot dog at a local burger joint in town that packed some decent heat. That was about 6 months ago, my tolerance has shot through the roof since then. I don't think there will be anything light of a challenge that will spice me up. It's almost a tragedy....

:sigh: bring out the stash.....

Haha!! Absolutely, have this container of powder that I carry in the console of my vehicle ready to be brought out at a moments notice. Also have been known to take my own hot sauce with me as well. Had a diner ask me once what I was using on my meal. Questions, explanations and sampling followed (with the Mrs. setting there rolling her eyes). Another possible convert to the "spicy"?

Red robin for burgers? Phleeeeze! Every town in the U.S.A. has a burger joint that puts them to shame, cheaper too.

My policy, just say no to national restaurant chains.

I don't even remember the taste of the burger, the fries weren't crisp, too loud music playing constantly and overpriced for the quality. If they have anything good I did not try it nor did my compapions

Back