• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Red Robin burgers

Red robin for burgers? Phleeeeze! Every town in the U.S.A. has a burger joint that puts them to shame, cheaper too.

Their burgers are fantastic. Maybe the one near you isn't that good for some reason.
I had a jalapeno bacon burger at Chilis recently and thought it was right up there with the best of them.

Extremely doubtful..........?

You must consider your standards pretty high.

When it comes to something's heat level, I have extremely high standards. If standards means how hot it has to be for me to consider it hot. It might taste amazing and I might start eating it on a daily basis from flavor alone but when it comes to how hot it is, I believe it is going to fall way short of "hot" on my scale.

Red Robin isn't that bad, I used to love the place but I'm on the same level with not eating at national chain restaurants anymore. Well, as little as possible anyway. But ive enjoyed some good times there with some ok food. One thing that really turned me off to it was when I asked for them to leave my burger pink in the middle and my egg dippy on top (the royal) they said they have to cook the burger and egg to X internal temperature. Which is understandable but extremely lame.

One thing that really turned me off to it was when I asked for them to leave my burger pink in the middle and my egg dippy on top (the royal) they said they have to cook the burger and egg to X internal temperature. Which is understandable but extremely lame.

Do you like E-Coli? Not something you want to get!

Do you like E-Coli? Not something you want to get!
I'll still eat Steak Tartare if offered in a 5 star joint. Blue or Yellow Fin Sashimi whenever I have the taste. E-Coli is invisable to the eye and vertually unavoidable without warning. "Organic Spinach" a few years back had it. I got sick in Acapulco a few yrs back. You're right getting sick is no fun. But,either in a resturant or at home I prefer my burgers cooked medium rare and the "Aged Steaks" black and blue.......

Can't be livin' scurred yer whole life. Me and Ecoli are bros, we go way back. Jalapeños had Ecoli 2 years ago...."Jalapeño! Jalapeño!"

Red Robin?

Just a burger chain along the same lines as any cheap chain with a name that ends with an "s" ala Applebee's, TGIF's, Ruby Tuesday's, Chile's, etc.

I refuse to spend my $$ in those lame-o joints.

Gimme' a mom & pop joint or In-N-Out or Whataburger.

A BAR (aka Beer Garden, Honky Tonk, Pub, Tavern, Saloon, Dive, Speakeasy). Known to have pretty women, nefarious people, pool tables (gasp!), local characters and other social misfits hanging around at all hours of the day and night engaging in stimulating conversation, high comedy, intellectually challenging discussions on the matters of the day, and/or general debauchery. Also allegedly known to serve some pretty damn good burgers at least in my neck of the woods!

Just because R.R. Serves booze, they do not meet the qualifications to be honorably called a "BAR".

If overcrowded, noisy, typically suburban, overpriced burger chains are your thing, please by all means continue to enjoy. As stated earlier most towns have a local place that is just as good (relatively speaking) if not a whole lot better. BYO hot stuff.

Addendum: Texas Blues get's it. Can't believe I just wasted the last ten minutes posting on freak'in Red Robin.

How do you really feel about that MP....lol

Sic was just stating that they Serve booze....hahaha. He's got his aim set on you Sic! Definitely no bar scene.

A BAR (aka Beer Garden, Honky Tonk, Pub, Tavern, Saloon, Dive, Speakeasy). Known to have pretty women, nefarious people, pool tables (gasp!), local characters and other social misfits hanging around at all hours of the day and night engaging in stimulating conversation, high comedy, intellectually challenging discussions on the matters of the day, and/or general debauchery. Also allegedly known to serve some pretty damn good burgers at least in my neck of the woods!

Just because R.R. Serves booze, they do not meet the qualifications to be honorably called a "BAR".

If overcrowded, noisy, typically suburban, overpriced burger chains are your thing, please by all means continue to enjoy. As stated earlier most towns have a local place that is just as good (relatively speaking) if not a whole lot better. BYO hot stuff.

Addendum: Texas Blues get's it. Can't believe I just wasted the last ten minutes posting on freak'in Red Robin.
wow that sound like fun maybe one day ill have a nuff nerve to go to a bar i hope i can find one.

I'll still eat Steak Tartare if offered in a 5 star joint. Blue or Yellow Fin Sashimi whenever I have the taste. E-Coli is invisable to the eye and vertually unavoidable without warning. "Organic Spinach" a few years back had it. I got sick in Acapulco a few yrs back. You're right getting sick is no fun. But,either in a resturant or at home I prefer my burgers cooked medium rare and the "Aged Steaks" black and blue.......

True but it is far more rare in steak than hamburger.

Gimme' a mom & pop joint or In-N-Out or Whataburger.

In-N-Out in Texas? That's a California chain. Do they have them there? They were started here in Baldwin Park, CA back in '48 I believe.
They are good for a "fast food" burger but they don't compare to Red Robin or any other burger of a more "gourmet" class.

Not many around here except for Val's in uptown Hayward which is legendary.
If we want a great burger we have to drive to San Francisco and I hate that town. Bunch of freaks! :lol:

Back