• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking reverse seared Beef roast smoked with oak.

JayT said:
No doubt in my mind.  I'd probably throw the lettuce and tomato on the ground though.  I like my roast beef with just a little onion and sauce.
Santa is bringing me an awesome electric slicer for Xmas. Then I can finally start processing all my own lunch meats including the 15 pound country ham that has been in the basement for 2 years :) 

That beef roast looks amazing! I'll be making that as well for sure. Wonder how it would hold up frozen after slicing. The country ham you cannot tell at all. 

grantmichaels said:
I've used my electric slicer exactly once, but now that I've started smoking turkey, it's going to see increased use surely ...
Yeah I have held off for years until I had enough use cases to justify it. With all the game processing I do I think I found additional reasons :) Can't wait to make some jerky in Jan!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yeah I have held off for years until I had enough use cases to justify it. With all the game processing I do I think I found additional reasons :) Can't wait to make some jerky in Jan!
Hey guys!! Love my slicer, actually use it quite a lot slicing bacon,roast beef, hams,pork loins, I always buy larger portions then slice vacuum pack and freeze. Never have a problem with taste. Plus I control what flavor profile I want for each particular protein. Plenty of good quality slicers for cheap for home use.
Great for making jerky saves lots of hand prep.

Back