• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Ribs Right Now!!

Nothing urgent, I know what I am doing, but if anyone had any last minute tips, I am firing them right now.

They have been at 225F for 5 hours. I plan to go 3 more.

I dry rubbed them with Brown sugar, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper last night.( I can't make them too spicy for the guests who are coming)

I will only "smoke" them the last hour.

I am making 6 slabs of babybacks for some guests.

I plan to grill them dry at the end and sauce half of them on the grill, serve the other 3 dry.

I plan to make a sauce with brown sugar, ketchup, onion powder, mustard, and possibly honey.

Thanks!

Man thats sounds really good.The only thing I do when long slow cooking is put a pan of water in also to lightly steam so as to keep everything moist.Damn now i`m hungry,,,off to the dorito`s!
Rich

cheezydemon said:
I plan to make a sauce with brown sugar, ketchup, onion powder, mustard, and possibly honey.

Thanks!

You need an acid to balance this out and cut the sweetness. The vinegar in the ketchup is not enough with all these added ingredients. Add some more vinegar.

Mustard has a good bit too. I ended adding a decent bit of the vinegar from a jar of jalapenos. It turned out great!

Thanks.

I know its late but you should smoke them the first couple of hours so it can really penetrate the meat and get a nice "ring" Sounds like they came out tender any way just by the way you slow cooked them.

Yeah, But I may try that next time! Thanks for the info. They were plenty smoky, and tender.

Iended up doing 4 slabs wet and 2 dry. One of the dry ones I glazed with just a little honey. YUM

The other I just left dry.

I mixed some bourbon with the sauce for one of the wet ones and some WHAM sauce on another wet one.(see my review, that stuff is HOT)

They turned out good.

cheezydemon said:
Your avatar is distracting, lol. I forget whether it is you or IGG I am talking to.

The dead giveaway between them is the spelling.....or should i say the lack of spelling errors

Back