• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Paul! my man Al deserves the credit. All I did is dry it for one day and grind. He smoked it to perfection :high:

Paul! my man Al deserves the credit. All I did is dry it for one day and grind. He smoked it to perfection :high:
That is something I want to learn how to do. The whole powder/flake
and smoke thing is very intriguing. Maybe I should say smoker thing.
No wait. Egads, time for another toke :D

Dang! When did your glog become the bash Shane section of THP? I thought I has some friends! That's it I am taking my Justin Bieber wig and going home!

Powder looks absolutely BA! I still haven't eaten the Chocolate Bhut or Scorpion. That damn Barrackpore has me a bit gun shy.

Thanks Jamie!!!! I just picked up the finished Apple smoked Bhut Jolokia powder that Jamie finished drying and ground for me and man, I must say is it delicious. :party: This was my first attempt at smoking peppers and I couldn't be happier. I read everything I could find here on THP about smoking peppers while enjoying a few frosty beverages and then pulled the trigger. Well, I nailed it. I want to thank everyone who has posted thier experinces with smoking; peppers that is. Also, thanks to everyone who has asked about me.

That's a great gift too get, nothing better then some burgers and peppers on the grill! How's the SBJ7 turning out for you? Mine arent doing so great after multiple aphid attacks.

You garden looks nice even with all the rain you have had, Jamie.
You have a lot of poddage in a small area there! Man, that first brain
looks like it's about ready to take off and fly away :eek:

Great vid my brother! I had the chocolate bhut you sent with dinner tonight! HOT pepper man, but not quite as hot as the Barrackpore or brains...I got one left and that's the scorpion. Gonna try to video that one. Let us know how your mystery smoke turns out!

Shane

Well JSS they have seen better days but I ain't complaing. As they say we need the rain :party: Thanks for watching my reedneck video ;)

Thanks Paul G, yeah I am suprised how fast the pods are growing with very little sunlight lately. And the Brains are :crazy:

Paul B, thanks for watching, and yes the powder from Kevin the pepper warlock is sweeeeeeeeeeet :cool:

Brotha Shane. Hope you had a good weekend. Glad you enjoyed the choc bhut without killing yourself. I agree not much compares to the brains and barrackpores. Well the smoker works great. I even took some almost dried peppers and finished them off in there as well. Gonna grind them into a fine powder tonight. Very anxious to eat them. I did smoke some fresh ones but I ran out of patience and turned the smoker up too 250 and kind of scorched them :flamethrower: . But the wife and I loved them crushed up on are new york strips.

Britt, nice to hear from you as well. Yeah looks like my wife got me the smoker/ grill at just the right time. Now get your butt back state side so I can start sending you some pepper love :D

Here is a pic of JJ on his new grill. He is becoming quite the master :fire:
IMG_3584.jpg

MAN! That is quite the bag o powder! And holy schnikes! Are you feeding an army? That looks awesome. I want to eat your meat... How awesome is it that your wife does the superhots? I'll answer that. MEGA awesome. Keep it growing man!

Thank Seth. One day when you bring your kid to Disney World you will have to stop by and eat some meat. And yes my wife is a chili eating machine. Very lucky indeed :fireball:

Jamie, love the vid. You may have been hammered with rain, but your plants are still chugging along like champs. You've probably covered this before, but I'm lazy. So if you could kindly oblige me, how old are your tallest plants?

Edit: Of course feel free to tell me to stop being a lazy bum and look for myself :)

Hey Brian. Glad you enjoyed me rambling on about my plants ;)

The Brain Strains are one year old ( they are my largest container plants). The choc hab is two years old. I have a few 3 year old plants but they have been cut back after a nasty mite infestation last year, But most of them were started last May.

Thanks for asking :woohoo:

Back