• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Quick update on the aerogarden. The 7 pot lava and defcon 7 are only about 3 weeks old. Starting to see  a few sprouts from all but the cumari. Which I did not think I would get fast germination from. Changed out the water Saturday and you can see the roots are already bursting into the water. Crazy fast growth. Yaki Blue had two seeds sprout and while I was removing one managed to kill both plants . Nobody said I was smart  :confused:  Chocolate naga x brain sprouted in 3 days.  :dance:

photo_zps2a10bdd9.jpg

romy6 said:
Quick update on the aerogarden. The 7 pot lava and defcon 7 are only about 3 weeks old. Starting to see  a few sprouts from all but the cumari. Which I did not think I would get fast germination from. Changed out the water Saturday and you can see the roots are already bursting into the water. Crazy fast growth. Yaki Blue had two seeds sprout and while I was removing one managed to kill both plants . Nobody said I was smart  :confused:  Chocolate naga x brain sprouted in 3 days.  :dance:

photo_zps2a10bdd9.jpg

Becareful cus aerogarden is like crack for gardeners lol... Good example is denniz hahah, he got hooked after seeing mine

Jamie I'm glad to see the aerogarden working out for you. .....although in your growing climate,...you could have probably just thrown the seeds out the bedroom window......and they would have fired up in the ground.......... :lol:

Ha, just kiddin, it's great that you're  getting an outdoor start.. indoors.......especially with some of the c chinense seeds which need constant moisture. The aerogarden should get everything up and running...........just ask Denniz

Have fun with the outdoor planting

Dude...you're gonna have such a huge jump start compared to when you just used to put the starts out on the porch. You'll be able to get them up a foot high, pot them up...start some more...pot them up...start some more. I predict an epic season at Jamie's place y'all!

Oh...and better pics if you get your purse out of the background Jamie!

jedisushi06 said:
My chocolate naga brain is getting huge!

Thank you brother Mikey sushi ninja !!!!

Pinoy83 said:
Becareful cus aerogarden is like crack for gardeners lol... Good example is denniz hahah, he got hooked after seeing mine

Yeah my wife is already starting to wonder what was she thinking when she bought me this  :crazy:

PIC 1 said:
Jamie I'm glad to see the aerogarden working out for you. .....although in your growing climate,...you could have probably just thrown the seeds out the bedroom window......and they would have fired up in the ground.......... :lol:

Ha, just kiddin, it's great that you're  getting an outdoor start.. indoors.......especially with some of the c chinense seeds which need constant moisture. The aerogarden should get everything up and running...........just ask Denniz

Have fun with the outdoor planting

Greg my man. How is life in the tundra ? I was thinking about just throwing a bunch of seeds in the front yard and never have to mow the yard again  :drunk:  Can't wait to see your grow this year. 

stc3248 said:
Dude...you're gonna have such a huge jump start compared to when you just used to put the starts out on the porch. You'll be able to get them up a foot high, pot them up...start some more...pot them up...start some more. I predict an epic season at Jamie's place y'all!

Oh...and better pics if you get your purse out of the background Jamie!

You know me all too well brother shane.  :lol:  The front porch really only works well in the spring and fall . So I have much higher expectations this year. Thank you and I figured you would( with your eagle eye) find my european handbag looming in the background   :shame:  It is not a purse  :snooty:   :)

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow that sprout is only 3 weeks old? That's nuts. How much faster is that then when you start them in soil?

Yes sir Adam. It takes me about two months to get plants that big starting outdoors in soil. You cannot even begin to compare apples to oranges  :shocked: LOL

Looking good Jamie!

The Aerogarden is kickass, but I'm with Jeff, no need for another addition here for sure! I've already decided if I were to retire today I still wouldn't have enough time for all of my interests.. :D But being able to retire today would be mas cool!

Green it is! AND I forgot to mention last post what a beautiful young lady your daughter is! She hasn't asked for the car keys yet has she? ;)

Penny said:
Looks great!!

Thank you Penny !

maximumcapsicum said:
Lol already hit my positivity quota. Thanks for the info romy!

My pleasure sure Maxilot!!

HillBilly Jeff said:
Some nice looking plants.  I'm gonna stick with old school dirt here.  I don't need getting hooked on something else lol.

Thank you HB!! Nothing beats dirt 

Devv said:
Looking good Jamie!

The Aerogarden is kickass, but I'm with Jeff, no need for another addition here for sure! I've already decided if I were to retire today I still wouldn't have enough time for all of my interests.. :D But being able to retire today would be mas cool!

Green it is! AND I forgot to mention last post what a beautiful young lady your daughter is! She hasn't asked for the car keys yet has she? ;)

Yes sir I could not agree more. I really do not see retirement in my future. Work until I am dead  :tear: Thank you for the kind words about my beautiful daughter. She has only ask'd for the keys once

jedisushi06 said:
You know I was born with a ginzu blade in my hand Jamie!

Yes sir you have mad skillz  :party:

So this year is all about first in growing peppers for me. I have said many times I will never grow peppers inside. :liar:  I have also said I will never dabble with hydroponics.  :liar:  And I also said I would never mess with a stinky nasty tea for my plants.  ;)  Well after receiving this package from xtreme gardening I would say all three of those statements are not true  :shh:

photo_zpsd35fa0ab.jpg

Now back to what you were doing :) 

IMG_5128_zpsc4d8a0a6.jpg

That's just the drink I was talkin about for them plants looking a little sad this time of year! 

European Manbag huh....well it certainly has striking colors, just make sure it matches your shoes pumps...

Oh...and that pod looks vicious! 

I'm really liking the Xtreme Gardening sample pack.  I mixed the mycos-wp and azos together in a gallon jug and apply it to my seedlings once they go in soil.  The plants really seem to like it and respond very fast to the treatment.  I haven't used the tea brew or cal-mag...but that's coming :)

Plants are looking good!

Looking good Brother Jamie. I'm going to order my sample pack on the 1st though a buddy at wok ordered his and gave me one of the Mykos bars to try :)

Teas aren't that hard to do, just need some basic, cheap I spent less than $10.00 for them, equipment and your brewing.

Jamison said:
Awesome start Jamie! Diggin the aero garden. Always wanted one myself.

Thanks J man . My kids are getting very jealous of it  ;)

stc3248 said:
That's just the drink I was talkin about for them plants looking a little sad this time of year! 

European Manbag huh....well it certainly has striking colors, just make sure it matches your shoes pumps...

Oh...and that pod looks vicious! 

Killing me bro  :rofl:

Ignite said:
I'm really liking the Xtreme Gardening sample pack.  I mixed the mycos-wp and azos together in a gallon jug and apply it to my seedlings once they go in soil.  The plants really seem to like it and respond very fast to the treatment.  I haven't used the tea brew or cal-mag...but that's coming :)

Plants are looking good!

Thanks for the tips Iggy. Chinense love calcium so you will not be dissapointed . Thank you for the props!

RocketMan said:
Looking good Brother Jamie. I'm going to order my sample pack on the 1st though a buddy at wok ordered his and gave me one of the Mykos bars to try :)

Teas aren't that hard to do, just need some basic, cheap I spent less than $10.00 for them, equipment and your brewing.

It was you that clued me in on the deal and I am thankful. I will get me a air pump and get r done. 

Devv said:
Good info on the sample pack Jamie!

I just ordered one. Never have made any teas...but want to :party:

Great minds think alike Scotty !

jedisushi06 said:
Call me when u get ready to make tea I can explain to you how I make mine

Will do Mikey .Only tea I have ever made was shroom tea back in the day  :high:

Back