• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

romy6 said:

That is  :crazy: snow until May. I don't envy you;) Wait i do envy you  :cool:

Thank you Stefan. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve in 14!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Trista !!!!!!!!!! Hope I can dial the aerogarden in and set the tone for 2014. 

Thanks for stopping in Jason. Your weather sounds somewhat similar to mine so I will be following your grow as well. Sounds a little better than mine  :)

Thank you Scotty. Nothing like your ginormous grow but sufficient  :lol:

Thank you brother Rick. 

Thank you Adam. I used to have endless space until this guy came along.  :D

IMG_5074_zpsaf290fa7.jpg

I am still very blessed to have what I have. For those who missed last year here a few harvests. Hopefully I can get the same kinda yields this year. 

IMG_5075_zpsc7809c6c.jpg

photo_zps7107ee5b.jpg

photo_zps403a46f1.jpg

photo_zps486e3e30.jpg

photo_zpsa43203f4.jpg
good looking dog and great looking kid.  you must be very proud . . . i know that i would be.

TJP

jedisushi06 said:
Shroom tea i love it.  We would make kool-aid with ours sometimes, this was back in the day as well.

Grape was our flavor of choice :) Nobody said we were smart. 

buddy said:
good looking dog and great looking kid.  you must be very proud . . . i know that i would be.

TJP

Thanks Terry . Very proud indeed and super blessed. 

Not much going on at the romy6 ranch. Outdoor plants are really struggling with the cold. I have hardly even paid them much attention. Hopefully I will be able to kick start them one we get some typical weather around here.  Now my aerogarden is loving the setup. Since I started routine water changes and ferts they are greening up and getting big. Had a chocolate nagaxbrain sprout this week as well.  

photo_zps34c23171.jpg

And a pic from last year just for the heck of it 

IMG_4832_zpsd5a4b44e.jpg

Aerogarden lookin' good, Jamie.  Nice sized plants!
The "OW" plants are doing fine; don't see much to
complain about there all things considered!

But those harvest shots from last year?  You did that
just to make me jealous, didn't you?!   :D

Seriously, it's all good, brother.  You have a great
continuous grow going.  Good luck with the tea mix.

jedisushi06 said:
Grape would be good, we used the blue kind.

Yes sir purplesaurus rex . Good times  ;)

maximumcapsicum said:
Love the aerostarts! Gonna be a great season! 

Thank you Adam. Can't wait to get some babies going outside again. 

patrick said:
You're killing me with the pics of last years pods.

I am killing myself too P  :rolleyes:

Devv said:
Jamie,

You're workin' the Aerogarden I see!

Yes he likes to tease us ;)

Thanks Scotty,  it is so easy I can even make it work  :party:

stc3248 said:
and the pics of this year's aerogarden!

Grassy ass mi amigo  :fireball:

PaulG said:
Aerogarden lookin' good, Jamie.  Nice sized plants!
The "OW" plants are doing fine; don't see much to
complain about there all things considered!

But those harvest shots from last year?  You did that
just to make me jealous, didn't you?!   :D

Seriously, it's all good, brother.  You have a great
continuous grow going.  Good luck with the tea mix.

Oh Paul compared to your perfectly manicured garden and  almost pre  waxed looking pods I got nuttin on ya  :dance:

One more pic from last year  I promise  :liar:

IMG_4874_zpscd5bbb8d.jpg

HillBilly Jeff said:
mmm poddage!!!

Yes indeedily do  :dance:

Jeff H said:
Nice. Making us all drool with last year's pics.

Two can play at that game.
20130629_123432.jpg

Love the aerogarden pic too.

Thank you Jeff. Beautiful picture I must say. 

Trippa said:
I like the pod shots ... Even if they are last years ;) nothing like positive reinforcement to remind you what to strive towards ... On you grow!!

Why thank you Trista. Positive reinforcement is a good thing .  :fireball:

capsidadburn said:
Dig the historical shots! Why stop with last year though? Been thinking abut a retrospective myself. Got to keep the motivation to a high level!

Could not agree more Mike. Thank you . 

Devv said:
+1 on 74, those are getting me pumped!

Why thank you Scotty McGee  :party:

Not much happening her in romyville . Outdoor plants look like they have been beat down from all the lack of sun , cold , and nonstop rain. Inside all is rainbow's and lollipops  :rofl:

Borg9

photo_zps62dde780.jpg

Yaki Blue 

photo_zps47c8ebc0.jpg

Ginourmous harvest last night 

photo_zpsa6bff240.jpg

And some homemade enchilada's from the inlaw with some of jedisushi06's amazing sauce mouth watering loveliscious 

photo_zps929e5597.jpg

HillBilly Jeff said:
I am sure glad I have a pork steak on the grill.....that foodie pic looks quite tasty.
 Why thank you Jeffry Bodeen :)

Pinoy83 said:
aerogarden babies........and moreeeeeeeeee to comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :fireball: :fireball: :fireball:

More thanks from my brother in the land of paradise  :fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball:

Fast update while the Olympics is on a 10 minute commercial  ;)

Another harvest sad but better than nothing 

photo_zps838cab06.jpg

Aerogarden needs some pruning .  :onfire:

photo_zpsfcee3dc5.jpg

And Tebow and his BFF Tanner Boy 

photo_zps4d5566c8.jpg

Back