• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

got the pods you sent bro! the birgits are awesome! ive got the Aji lemon and criolla sella working, maybe i'll throw some of these seeds in some soil. a little tri-colored baccatum love would be soooooo sweet!

Jamie's doing the bull dance feeling the Flow! :party:  :party:

Seacowboy said:
Lots of pods starting to pop for you bud.  Squash on the grill is hard to beat, especially once some heat is added to the mix. 
Thanks Jason. Love me some grilled peppers and veggies !

chile_freak said:
Looking great as always Jamie!
 Thank you sir Paul and thank you for the awesome sauces

stickman said:
Nice looking squash bro'... did you dust it with something else?  Birgits are probably a little bit tame for you... ;)

Rick, of course I had to hit it with some smoked douglah powder :)

Roguejim said:
Jamie, do you ever use sun shade?

No Jim I have not but considered it many times. Just wife will shut that down :(

capsidadburn said:
Looks like Jamie is rockin the Flo!

Time to cook!
Hell yeah Mike . Pods o plenty !!!

chile_freak said:
got the pods you sent bro! the birgits are awesome! ive got the Aji lemon and criolla sella working, maybe i'll throw some of these seeds in some soil. a little tri-colored baccatum love would be soooooo sweet!
Jamie's doing the bull dance feeling the Flow! :party:  :party:
 Love me some aji peppers . Just stated a few more aji's myself. Glad the package made it safe . 

Lava almost ready for sampling  :hell:

photo_zps6e1ccc4d.jpg

Rocopica looking nice 

photo_zpsf2aadfff.jpg

Real happy with my rocoto . Now flower u stubborn thang !

photo_zps0899551d.jpg

And another small harvest 

photo_zpsdc7b747d.jpg

Jeff H said:
Nice harvest Jamie.

Everything is looking real good. Next year I am going to have to grow that birgits. It puts out pods like crazy.

Thank you Jeff. The birgit is a great tasting pepper and very easy to grow. 

chile_freak said:
That lava looks awesome brother!
It can be painful waiting for rocotos to set flowers

Thanks Paul . The lava is a beast . 

BlisterdOutPods671 said:
Pods looking very nice!

Thanks Blister !
randyp said:
       Them damn peppers are as big as your feet. :P

Well I have very little feet Randy :)

Devv said:
Glad to see the harvests Jamie!

Those pubes are tough customers when it come to setting pods down south it seems. I have one pod out of 5 plants. Hang in there, it will happen!

I am thinking I will have to wait until fall Scotty :(

Portuge said:
Nice harvest Jamie

Thank you P money !!!!

Been a busy man but found a few minutes last night to take some pics and try the Lava . The pod itself was very thin walled and covered in  oils and placenta . Stomach was a little tore up so I only had a small sliver . But it was enough to tell me this is one hot MoFo! . Smelled very sweet, not floral. Flavor was like a typical 7 pot red . Kind of fruity at first with a hint of typical chinese ,slightly earthy but not overbearing . Like most supers heat took a few seconds to hit . But when it did it was full on tongue and back of throat . I could feel it go down my throat and quickly warmed my stomach , This is a pod for powders or sauces for me . Fresh will and would kick my ass every time  :mouthonfire:
IMG_5301_zps41cb583c.jpg

IMG_5318_zpsf3d71aa1.jpg

IMG_5327_zps0de0cf6a.jpg

The lava is almost 9 feet tall counting the bucket . Has hit the top of my arch in front porch  :crazy:

IMG_5302_zps40e7c920.jpg

Defcon 7

IMG_5304_zps45bb430f.jpg

my 4 year old brainstrain . Has not made pods this true in a year . I tried to throw it away about 5 months ago but the roots were so deep in the ground I gave up  :cool:

IMG_5308_zps5fd7d0a3.jpg

sepia serpent  makong a comeback 

IMG_5311_zps7856b407.jpg

barrackpore X choc scorp loving da heat and humidity 

IMG_5314_zps1d88652b.jpg

green hornet is actually getting some color this time around . First set of pods in winter had no mustard at all 

IMG_5310_zps78141d8b.jpg

and the chocolate nagabrain is growing true 

IMG_5307_zps7655e9c6.jpg

stickman said:
That 7-pot Lava kinda looks like a Butch T. to me Jamie... glad to hear it has a better flavor. Would you say it stacks up the same for heat levels?

As usual, everything looks great in your grow. Think you could spare a little warmth for a brother who's down on his luck? ;)

Much better tasting than a Butch T to me . Heat I would say very even . Maybe a little hotter and much more placenta . I have more warmth than I know what to do . Sending your way now:) 

Few more pics

Birgit's

IMG_5305_zps1d0db0cb.jpg

random pic

IMG_5312_zps5aba9645.jpg

Not Yaki 

IMG_5313_zps88800da2.jpg

Have a great week all !!!!!!!

Back