• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ronniedeb's 2013 season

Hi. Growing in Ireland. Will upload some photos as soon as I can. This is what I am growing:

Chinense
1.Naga Morich
2.Fatalii Red
3. Bonda ma Jacques
4.Trinidad CARDI Yellow
5.Pimenta de Neyde
6.Aji Panca
7.Butch T
8.Pieto de Moca
9.Apricot
10.Aji Limo

Baccatum
1.Aji Cito
2.Aji Benito
3.Escabeche
4.Madre Vieja
5.Dedo de Mocha
6.CAP 220
7. Brazilian Starfish
8. Hot Lemon
9. Omnicolor

Annuum
1.Superchilli
2.Numex Big Jim
3.Goatsweed
4.Padron
5.Short Yellow Tabasco
6. Eastern Travis County Tepin

Wild
1. Flexuosum
2. Lanceolatum
3. Rhomboideum
4. CGN24333
5. Chacoense

Frutescens
1.Chenzo

Pubescens
1.Albertos Rocoto
2.Large Red Rocoto
3.Rocoto de San Isidro

Here is some of my progress so far:

Seeds sown:
DSCF6334.jpg

DSCF6336.jpg

temporary-24.jpg

Signs of life:
DSCF6345.jpg

DSCF6376.jpg

Potted on:
DSCF6328.jpg

DSCF6341.jpg

DSCF6349.jpg

More advanced now. Need this cold weather to end so I can put them in the greenhouse.

Baccatums and Chinense
DSCF6400.jpg

CGN24333 and Pieto de Moca in semi-passive hydro
DSCF6398.jpg

Overwintered Rhomboideum
DSCF6372.jpg

Pieto de Moca

First Pod set at last, on a Chenzo (out of focus!!)

Greenhouse is full to the brim now.

Bubbler Tomatoes

I havent posted any photos in quite a while. Too busy fighting aphids. After spraying a few doses of pyrethrins, neem oil, and Vitax 2 in 1, I'm hoping I can get the better of them eventually. Got these in the post last week

Also saw some hoverfly in the greenhouse yesterday, so hope they can help out.

Have pods forming on several varieties.

CAP267 in a Hempy Bucket

Think this is CAP220. It has loads of these size pods on it.

Out of focus CARDI pods

Chenzo setting pods.

Nice purple-edged flowers too.

This plant, my only germinated Aji Limo, started growing in 3 directions directly from the Cotyledons. It was severely stunted for a long time. It seems to have pulled through.

My ladybird larvae did their work for about a week or two. Aphids still pretty bad though.
You can see the extent of the infestation here

And some of my other helpers

Built an NFT.

Plants in: Carolina Reaper, Morouga Scorpion, CARDI Yellow

Sorry to here about the continual aphids. Hope you don't have numerous plants to deal with. Its been yrs since I had to deal with them. When I had them indoors I'd pour isopropyl alcohol in a bowl and either using a Q-Tip for between the nodes and branches  or nitrile gloved hand dipped for on and beneath the leaves, i'd smear the egg clusters and the crawlers. The alcohol dries fast and won't harm the beneficials, providing you don't swip it on them. 
Good luck with the battle......you can overcome them....

PIC 1 said:
Sorry to here about the continual aphids. Hope you don't have numerous plants to deal with. Its been yrs since I had to deal with them. When I had them indoors I'd pour isopropyl alcohol in a bowl and either using a Q-Tip for between the nodes and branches  or nitrile gloved hand dipped for on and beneath the leaves, i'd smear the egg clusters and the crawlers. The alcohol dries fast and won't harm the beneficials, providing you don't swip it on them. 
Good luck with the battle......you can overcome them....
Thanks PIC 1. It will be a battle until the end of the season, I reckon. Might give the alcohol a try. Thanks for the tip!

Greenhouse is getting packed.

Tiny and Bigger Chimayo

Overwintered C01403 (Capsicum chacoense) is flowering. No pods last year. Hopefully get one or two this year.

CAP267 is starting to ripen.

Fatalii Red putting out some bigger pods now.

Yellow CARDI too.

And Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

Dahlia Bishop of Llandaff

Looking good.

Is everything in your green house hydroponic? What types of different systems are you using?

Thanks Jeff H. Yes the greenhouse is all hydroponic. I have 12 plants in three Ebb and Flood systems. 3 plants in an NFT. 1 in Bubbler DWC. 2 in Passive Wick Pots, 1 in a hempy bucket, and also 4 tomato plants in Bubblers. Pretty packed greenhouse, since its only 8 foot x 6 foot.I also have some other chillis in soil in pots outdoors, and in a small lean to greenhouse.

That is cool. Good luck to you.

The hydro plants usually grow huge so it out to be interesting later this year. You might need a machete just to walk through.

This is my TSBT. Imagine 12 of these in your ebb and flow. :eek:

20130712_191435.jpg

Back