• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Rory 2015

So I kicked my season off NYE by soaking all my seeds in a light regular tea solution for 24hrs.

New Years day I placed all the seeds in individual plastic containers with scottex kitchen paper and sprayed them with water.

Afterwards they went straight onto my "heat mat" (hot water tank). Where they stayed until they germinated.

Also I had 3 plants over-wintering from last year.

The numbers: From 92 seeds, 68 germinated. 65 have survived .

Sources:

Seeds I saved from last years harvest, chilli s I bought from markets, European Seed Train, THP members, Jamison, IkeepFish, BeerBreath.
Thank you all for trading with me!

Here is my list:

BACCATUM

Bishops Hat
Aji Brazilian Pumpkin
Aji Amarillo
Aji Limon

CHINENSE

Carolina Reaper
Bahamian Goat
Aji Charapita
Chupetinho
Chocolate Big Bang Naga
Fatalii
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Orange
Hot Paper Lantern
Jay's Peach Jolokia
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Naga Morich
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Bubblegum (yet to germinate)
Datil (yet to germinate)
Yellow Devils Tongue
Arivivi Gusano (yet to germinate)

ANNUUM

Numex Sunrise
Goats Weed
Acapulco
Jalapeno
Paprika (yet to germinate)
Bangaldesh Torpedo

UNKNOWN

Pube
Jamaighiunho

OVER WINTERS

Charapita- possibly dead
Brazilian Pumpkin- started sprouting
Bangladesh Torpedo- possibly dead

And thats my grow lust 2015.
Last year I began germinating mid February and it worked out ok. However this year I have included a few superhots, so I wanted to give myself more time. Also last year I planted directly in the soil without doing the paper towel and pre soaking method and my germination rate was both lower and slower, averaging 3 weeks. This year took me by surprise, after a couple of days most had germinated. I had no soil ready, no lights ready and no light box set up resulting in very leggy seedlings. More on this later...
I plan to plant out mid April, early May.

I hope I havent started too early!!!

Thanks if you have got this far...and hopefully you can continue on this journey with me . In March I am hoping to become a father, so it promises to be a fun filled season with plenty of surprises I am sure. I will try to keep it updated as best I can.

**Photo s will be taken from my tablet computer and may not be the best quality, but hey? Its a Glog not a Plog? :)

Rory,

Glad to see you got your glog started for the year, got a great list going, I dig those Bahamian Goat's. I got a Chupetinho going as well, looking forward to giving that one a try this year. Think you'll be ok on when you started and when you plant out. That was my exact times last year and the peppers did really well and were good sized come plant out time. Nice to see that the Brazilian Pumpkin overwinter is doing well. Wonder what happened with the others? Very big :dance: CONGRATS!!! :dance: on becoming a father in a few months. Kids are the greatest!

Congratulations on becoming a father!where are the cigars?Really nice seed list you have there.Sounds like youre off to good start this season,especially compared to last.Will be.following your progress.Good luck!Especially with the New arrival.

Paper towel method in plastic container
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Roryzx/Mobile%20Uploads/20150201_190531_zpsq0vvruvn.jpg

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Roryzx/Mobile%20Uploads/20150201_190551_zps9bdbnjyo.jpg

Saved seeds from these bad boys
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Roryzx/Mobile%20Uploads/20141122_093735_zps8zep4gqx.jpg

OW Brazilian Pumpkin
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Roryzx/Mobile%20Uploads/20150131_083811_zpskxpb5o0z.jpg

My apologies I messed up when copying from Photobucket!
Rory,

Glad to see you got your glog started for the year, got a great list going, I dig those Bahamian Goat's. I got a Chupetinho going as well, looking forward to giving that one a try this year. Think you'll be ok on when you started and when you plant out. That was my exact times last year and the peppers did really well and were good sized come plant out time. Nice to see that the Brazilian Pumpkin overwinter is doing well. Wonder what happened with the others? Very big :dance: CONGRATS!!! :dance: on becoming a father in a few months. Kids are the greatest!

Hey Anthony,

Ya I was undecided on whether or not I would do a glog but figured its better to share, as it was something I felt helped me alot when I was beginning, reading others GLOGS. Its also a useful record.
The Bahamian Goats were gifted to me from Jamison, I have never tried them but I am really looking forward to them. Chupetinho I confess that I am growing more for the beauty of the plant rather than the pepper, but I m sure none will go to waste anyway. I m not sure on their flavour, I had one before but cant remember how it tasted.
Well it was my first time Overwintering and probably did it wrong, that and the fact that they were virtually neglected in my garage for a few months!! The Aji charapita I have noticed is very sensitive to its environment. So maybe its not dead, just waiting for the right moment. All advice welcome on how best to reawaken them?! The Brazilian Pumpkin is a beast of a plant, be prepared. ^_^ Hope yours have germinated alright?
Congratulations on becoming a father!where are the cigars?Really nice seed list you have there.Sounds like youre off to good start this season,especially compared to last.Will be.following your progress.Good luck!Especially with the New arrival.

Hey thanks for the well wishes. The cigars shall be lit shortly after birth which just happens to be around my 30th birthday!!! Cant promise I m gonna be on too much around that time!! Lol
Ya I was really surprised with how fast they germinated, its by far the best method.
Thanks for following:P

no, not nessasarily. It's pretty common. You can rotate your plants which may help, I'd stay on the current path and wouldnt worry about it. Just out of curiosity, what schedule you got your lights on?

no, not nessasarily. It's pretty common. You can rotate your plants which may help, I'd stay on the current path and wouldnt worry about it. Just out of curiosity, what schedule you got your lights on?

Yes I rotate them either once a day or once every 2 days. I have them on an 18/6 schedule with a light fan. Ya besides the leaf colouring they look relatively healthy:)

looking goodd brahhhh :dance:  :dance:

Cheers before I know it I m gonna be overwhelmed.....which is right.....about.....NOW!!!

Looks good dude.
Congrats on parenthood!

Thanks Paul, I m getting nervous now, its a big step!!!

Welcome to the Jungle!!!

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Roryzx/Mobile%20Uploads/20150222_164912_zpsj4ukkgzi.jpg

They have come on really nicely, good job dude

Thanks I had to pot a few up to 9x9x10 because they had outgrown their cups. Also I just couldnt keep up with their watering needs!! As soon as i can arrange more space lol (wife is beating me with a stick) and wire up a few more lights I will have to pot up the rest because they really are beginning to shoot up.
Whats your opinion on topping seedlings? I have personally have never done it to seedlings.
Lookin good man! You're about 3 weeks ahead of me, hope mine start looking like that soon. Also big congrats on being a dad!! Remember, gloves are your friend. Don't burn the baby lol

I am about 3 weeks ahead of myself, I hadnt predicted such fast germination rates and they are now really beginningto take off, so I m gonna have to spend a bit of time this weekend rearranging!!
As for the gloves, that s great advice I m gonna have to remember that one!!
As it happens today after I doused my pasta arrabiata in even more powder and then devoured it, I took out a fresh kleenex and blew my nose. Even now I still cant figure it out but I absolutely burned the hell out all my nose and eyes, that I spent a good 5mins wiping tears away after reopening them!! Oh the pain!!!! Riddle me this!!! :)

rory said:
Thanks I had to pot a few up to 9x9x10 because they had outgrown their cups. Also I just couldnt keep up with their watering needs!! As soon as i can arrange more space lol (wife is beating me with a stick) and wire up a few more lights I will have to pot up the rest because they really are beginning to shoot up.
Whats your opinion on topping seedlings? I have personally have never done it to seedlings.

I've never done it to seedlings either, I just repot when needed and keep them under my light as long as there is enough space. I have more plants this year than I've ever had before so I'm gonna experiment with topping.
I think its 50/50 really, toppping will give a more bushy plant but whether you get more fruit I dont know.

Took the kids out of the box today

Jays Peach Bhut Jolokia

Carolina Reaper

Choc Big Bang Naga

Naga Morich

Had planned on re potting everything today but my daughter had other plans, so instead we spend the day at the hospital monitoring contractions!! ! All OK thank goodness, gotta wait a little bit more!! I m fine with waiting a bit more....;)
...wife not so much lol

Back