• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

I'm growing two Yellow Bhut x ? plants this year.  I gave the same seed to a few others to grow and they looked more like straight Yellow Bhuts, so maybe that's what they are?  I remembered pollinating them with both primo pollen as well as pollen from another plant that put out yellow pods even though it wasn't supposed to do that... well, whatever they are, they're podding up nicely.

Yellow Bhut plant 1:

Yellow Bhut plant 2:

First Choco Bhut pod :dance: :

Spicegeist said:

Thanks for the confirmation Rick!  I'm really liking how easy these are to grow, I think I'll keep a NM type on my list every year from now on...

There's a lot of great stuff from the Numex palette, and I like that most of them can be easily dried. Keep us posted on your experiments.

Nice-looking Bhuts too! Mine are flowering, but haven't set pods yet... we're still getting some nights in the 50s and occasionally dipping down into the 40s.

Interesting elongated pods! Wonder if they'll get the point when the next round starts to mature. I still have some of that F1 seed you send me last year... Didn't have the resources to grow out again this year but the ones I did grow were pretty stable. Mold got some of the seeds I isolated (thanks Atlanta), but I may have some F2s. Would be fun to see what's there.

Guitarman said:
Nothing b(h)ut greatness! ;)

I've got some really great Bhuts this year!

stickman said:

There's a lot of great stuff from the Numex palette, and I like that most of them can be easily dried. Keep us posted on your experiments.

Nice-looking Bhuts too! Mine are flowering, but haven't set pods yet... we're still getting some nights in the 50s and occasionally dipping down into the 40s.

Hmm... I guess that's the price you pay for not having to worry too much about brain eating amoeba in your ponds and lakes...

maximumcapsicum said:
Interesting elongated pods! Wonder if they'll get the point when the next round starts to mature. I still have some of that F1 seed you send me last year... Didn't have the resources to grow out again this year but the ones I did grow were pretty stable. Mold got some of the seeds I isolated (thanks Atlanta), but I may have some F2s. Would be fun to see what's there.

You mean the Yellow Bhut x Primo?  I'm thinking they're just Yellow Bhuts or Yellow Bhuts x another similar elongated yellow hot pepper... one plant is putting out pointier pods than the other.

Trident chilli said:
Bhut - a - licious Charles and some great photographs ... which are you looking forward to the most .. yellow or choco

I have a couple of different Choco Bhuts going... I'm excited about everything of course!

So this year is turning out to be a great year even though I have somewhat limited light conditions on my patio.  As fatalii.net says, all my chili dreams are coming true!  For example, I grew a bhut that was really unique a few years ago, but because of some particular circumstances (long boring story) I thought I'd lost it...  Well this winter I grew a few different plants under grow lights (each plant was from a different pod on the parent plant), got them to fruit, selected one, pampered it and got it to give me some seed which I started with the rest of my plants this year.  That plant is doing great and putting out pods that are looking just like that original plant I thought I'd lost!  Also some good things happening in the choco bhut, douglah, seven pod, and bhut departments...  The only thing I could do with is more sunlight, the growth is somewhat slower than what it'd be with more sun.  But they'll get there, they'll just take a little longer...

Here are two of the pods on that special bhut plant, I might call it Jumbo Bhut.  They're just little baby peppers now, but I know what I'm looking for from memory and I am very excited about how I think these will turn out:

Here's a regular bhut, last year I grew out seeds from three different pods I received from a friend, only one plant gave me true not-crossed bhuts.  I'm growing out seed I saved from that plant this year, here's how the pods are looking :dance: :

Here's what that first Choco Bhut above looks like today (7 days later):

Here's a different version of the Choco Bhut I'm growing (this one is from PepperLover):

Yellow Bhut:

Same Yellow Bhut pod from above, nice chambers:

Here's a cross I'm developing, it's 50% Bhut (don't ask me which!) x Seven Pod Moruga, and 50% Guwahati Bhut, the plant grows very strong:

Rocoto Inca getting started:

C. pubescens flower:

Must have just been a yellow bhut. Nice pods either way.

Most recent round of pics look great. The chambering on that one pod blows me away. Great job as always. Keep the pics comin!

Pink Tiger, I'm more or less not interested in these any more, but I still keep them around to see how the pods turn out:

Mushroom growing out of one of my pots, guess that means the growing medium is alive and healthy:

Some fruit on my Seven Pod Moruga plant:

Insane podage Charles. Beautiful pics. Could this be a sequel to Year of the Bhut? Lol. Seriously, you grow some of the best Bhuts and other plants I've seen. Jumbo Bhut sounds appropriate. Nice looking 7pod Moruga.

Thanks for sharing. Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Insane podage Charles. Beautiful pics. Could this be a sequel to Year of the Bhut? Lol. Seriously, you grow some of the best Bhuts and other plants I've seen. Jumbo Bhut sounds appropriate. Nice looking 7pod Moruga.

Thanks for sharing. Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, you're right it is another great Bhut year for me... I just really love them :party:

Always love stopping into your glog Charles! Always plenty of great crosses going on, and of course the bountiful supply of different Bhuts! Can't wait to see these bhuts mature!!

Looking good Charles . Bodacious Bhut's you have . :P

I too am over the Not so Pink Tiger's I have that look exactly  like yours.  :rolleyes:

Choco Bhut today:

Peach Bhut crossed with Jay's Peach F1, pods are getting started:

New Mexico type peppers:

Naga King lives:

One of my Yellow Bhut plants puts out pointy and blunt pods:

Big Yellow Bhut pod on another plant:

Back