• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

SALISBURY STEAK

This is just awesome!!!!

Ingredients

* 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
* 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1 egg
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

he next day I decided to try using Liptons Mushroom and Onion soup mix for the gravy. I followed the package instructions for making gravy... DELICIOUS! It was hands down the best tasting sauce for salisbury steak and so simple to make. So, if you're craving an old cafeteria food favorite - don't waste your time with the recipe for the sauce - buy a box of Lipton Mushroom Onion soup mix and make the gravy with it - you won't regret it!

21940_1290319467257_1508349559_773329_6030090_n.jpg

21940_1290319507258_1508349559_773330_6273324_n.jpg

21940_1290319547259_1508349559_773331_6353074_n.jpg

If I made this I would probably add some heat, most likely cayenne powder or jalapenos. Now I'm hungry, thanks!

Bloody yummy mate....this looks so English it makes me wanna streak at Twickenham and drink tea with the Queen. I wouldn't add heat, just keep it pure and true to its origins. Some things just can't be improved on, even if they can!

#Edit - oh yeah, maybe some frozen peas and HP Sauce#

I wouldn't add heat, just keep it pure and true to its origins. Some things just can't be improved on, even if they can!

Okay, I won't spice up the poutine! After all my recent hospital stays everything I eat now needs to have some heat to make up for all the dull food I consumed. But this still sounds yummy either way.

Okay, I won't spice up the poutine! After all my recent hospital stays everything I eat now needs to have some heat to make up for all the dull food I consumed. But this still sounds yummy either way.

Well you can it you want :mope:

I'm sure I'll catch some flack for saying NOT to put heat in something :)

Bloody yummy mate....this looks so English it makes me wanna streak at Twickenham and drink tea with the Queen. I wouldn't add heat, just keep it pure and true to its origins. Some things just can't be improved on, even if they can!

Agree I would add mashed potatoes insted of FF...JMHO :) I LOVE this recipe.Thanks for sharing

Back