labels Sam & Oliver Stoke chipotle adobo sauce label critique

Looking for critique and feedback for my 2nd line of sauces being produced very soon... Stoke Chipotle adobo sauce

After crowd sourcing the first 2 names in a contest, I had to settle on Stoke since Smokin' and Ember were both taken... so Stoke it is.

stoke1.png

The bottle layout is for a 5oz glass woozy, black top with black shrink band.  The designer and I thought we should keep the same motif and layout design, with Stoke's heat ringing in at a medium level on the heat index.  It will look similar to this, printed on a 3.25 x 5.5" rounded-corner rectangular label in gloss with over-laminate

sam bottle.jpg

Thoughts on the design?

Here's Cinder for reference:

cinder1.png

Edit: now with less "WTF happened?" on the cinder label

I'll mull it around.  got another meeting with teh designer soon.

how about this? (note there is some bleed at the top and bottom that get trimmed off, about 1/8" I believe since the label is 3.25" tall, this was laid out on a 3.5 for some bleed

take 2.png

Oh man you are thinking too hard here. STOKE is a cool name...

Now it sounds like a dog hybrid. Chihuahua Doberman lol. So you really want to drill adobo into people's minds huh? After you add all your other ingredients is it still adobo sauce? Or should we assume you just blended the canned stuff and didn't add anything? Why is adobo so important here? It's from the can... when you add your other stuff, then it is whatever you want to call it.

I like my idea, if using adobo. :D

I agree with the Boss.  (OMG!  Twice in one day?!?!??  That's a record of some kind.  :lol:)  I wouldn't play up the adobo aspect since it is just canned chipotles in sauce.  If you were making your own adobo sauce, then yea, promote that. 

Cannot agree more with THP & SL (quick, get to a shelter! The three of us agreeing all at once might well be the sign of end times approachig...)

Best to downplay the adobo - in some regions (West coast) we're extremely familiar with adobo. You'll open yourself to criticism from those expecting it to be an adobo sauce. To others not familiar with adobo you set yourself up to have to explain what it is.

As soon as you have to explain your branding you've failed. At a FM or show you'll be able to explain it. On a store shelf it's just the consumer standing there, not understanding. Sure, you can spell it out on the romance panel, but they have to 1. Pick up the bottle, and 2. Read. Both are a lot to expect from a consumer.

There's really nothing wrong with "Stoke" - it's original, it fits with your product line (cinder, etc) and it's fire-related/smoke-related.

KISS

I Think it sounds cool. Chi'dobo. Its snappy and unique. Upbeat. Fun. No one else has the name in use either.

The chi has the stressed syllable with a hard ch!

I also removed all references to the word adobo in the left panel.

Like i said. I'll toss around ideas more this weekend with the designer and get some mockups of both for comparison.

Do i need to trademark the design layout? The center panel

Oh man! He's gone rogue on us!

This reminds me of the last one where you came back to your original idea of the dogs... eventually! :D

NO CHI'DOBO!!!!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Cannot agree more with THP & SL (quick, get to a shelter! The three of us agreeing all at once might well be the sign of end times approachig...)

Or buy a lottery ticket!

I already know hell has froze over (making a reference to the hellacious wildfires that torched our valley last summer and are now frozen in winter...)

Not sure if I said it or not, but I get the Stoked as part of your line up  and like that.  Just not sure adobo should be called out. 

What about-
    Stoked 
Chipotle Sauce

(flaminglogsgraphics)

Sometimes people get too caught up in trying to invent a new catchy name.  There's 20,000 chipotle sauces, I make 3 different chipotle hot sauces.  There's 20,000 chipotle bbq sauces.  I gave up on trying to get every product to have a catchy name.  You already have that with the Cinders and Stoked words.  Let your Name be what sets you apart.    There's only ONE Texas Creek Chipotle BBQ Sauce. 

People will associate your branding and recognize  Stoked Chipotle Sauce as part of the S&O line up.

Not Stoked SL, STOKE. No "d."

Or wait, is that your suggestion, to change to?

The Hot Pepper said:
Not Stoked SL, STOKE. No "d."

Or wait, is that your suggestion, to change to?
dunno-  not meaning to suggest a change, unless it works, then YEA!  That's what I meant!  :lol:

Chi'stok'd?
That looks like someone's excited about Chicago~

Yes - you stoke a fire. Chipotles are smoked. You need a fire to smoke chiles. It kind of makes sense if you connect the dots.
....in a very circuitous way...:lol:  .... 

That's my new favorite word for talking about how to get wire from Point A to Point B on a job.....
"Well, it would be a very circuitous route, but we can put a light on the handrail post at the top of the stairs and switch it from the master bedroom at the opposite end of the house."  :lol: 

This is way too much fun!  :rofl:

Back