• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

JayT said:
I love that bread!  Oh and GM, I did like the turkey and jam.

Thanks.

I'm hustlin' on my work so that I can hopefully rock the shit out of a reprise on that one ...

It needs to be turnt up to 11.

There are two recipes that I'd swear by. 
One of them makes up the pork for this Cuban sandwich. 
Recipe Link
Double the rub. Don't worry, it's going to be saltier, but that makes it great. Pork is supposed to be a little salty. 
And use Thyme instead of oregano. 
Otherwise, follow it exactly. And when it's done, take the skin off and broil the underside until it's crispy. 
Best thing you'll ever eat. 

Get the one with the skin on it. A whole picnic shoulder (I get small ones when I can)
16956280204_5c1529bc32_z.jpg

Rub it. Not my fingers...
17552495936_a5afc57763_z.jpg

Let it marinate in the rub for about 16 hours. Then roast it for however the hell long it takes. 
You get this AWESOME chicharron on top! The crispy skin!! Cracklins!!
17391279710_dd0e29be00_z.jpg

Cuban food is not really spicy. I THP'd my mustard by using Dijon and adding some Caribbean Crushed Red Pepper sauce. Good call!
17391294210_2b9865e3d9_z.jpg

Spicy Mustard, Pork, Cracklins, Swiss, Ham, Swiss. Cuban bread on both sides. Bush light throughout. 
17391312340_4a39e4e7e6_z.jpg

Put that baby in the 'bot. Get 'er nice and toasty. Da'le!!
17578919115_e9bc983daa_z.jpg

17576623402_503218d2e5_z.jpg

Pinga.

FD

frydad4 said:
There are two recipes that I'd swear by. 
One of them makes up the pork for this Cuban sandwich. 
Recipe Link
Double the rub. Don't worry, it's going to be saltier, but that makes it great. Pork is supposed to be a little salty. 
And use Thyme instead of oregano. 
Otherwise, follow it exactly. And when it's done, take the skin off and broil the underside until it's crispy. 
Best thing you'll ever eat. 

Get the one with the skin on it. A whole picnic shoulder (I get small ones when I can)
16956280204_5c1529bc32_z.jpg

Rub it. Not my fingers...
17552495936_a5afc57763_z.jpg

Let it marinate in the rub for about 16 hours. Then roast it for however the hell long it takes. 
You get this AWESOME chicharron on top! The crispy skin!! Cracklins!!
17391279710_dd0e29be00_z.jpg

Cuban food is not really spicy. I THP'd my mustard by using Dijon and adding some Caribbean Crushed Red Pepper sauce. Good call!
17391294210_2b9865e3d9_z.jpg

Spicy Mustard, Pork, Cracklins, Swiss, Ham, Swiss. Cuban bread on both sides. Bush light throughout. 
17391312340_4a39e4e7e6_z.jpg

Put that baby in the 'bot. Get 'er nice and toasty. Da'le!!
17578919115_e9bc983daa_z.jpg

17576623402_503218d2e5_z.jpg

Holy f**kin shit, bitches, that f**kin shit was f**kin awesome, motherf**kers!

FD
That looks amazingly awesome. I really need to try one of these any chance you deliver ? ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
He does not eat pork he is Jewish.

Whatever you say.

The check's in the mail.

I'm sterile.

I'm a virgin.

Jesus was a Jew.

But now he's some Mexican guy living in Mexico.

And Texas too.

Goes by the nickname "Chuey".

For true.

I don't just make that sheeit up.

Back