• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

grantmichaels said:
temp-controlled grill ...

https://cindercooks.com/

they dropped the WIFI, went BLE, and halved the price so i pre-ordered one ...

"Linx Grill you've been out moded.  Support on you sunsets in like 4 days man.  I'm putting you out to pasture." 

Linx Grill says "Ya be missin me when the get up comes for the get down!"  and "It appears that justice is no longer served in this establishment!".  It's bitter fo sho.  

Ron P was cool, but Grant got it from this guy.
shamwow-guy-mugshot-picture.jpg

I'll use the ever-living shit out of that thing ... you know how I use the Griddler, and the astute would agree that I tend to use it w/ the flat griddle surface plates most often - so this is just a temp controlled Griddler w/ remote control via app ...

We've already got such killer use out of the Griddler, I can't imagine I won't use this often ...

I  somehow knew you would spiral in on that thing. Looking forward to  seeing all the good eats you are going to put out with it

As did I, when you shared it ;)

Store bought corned beef.  Black pepper, coriander seed and garlic rub.  Smoked 8 hours with Macadamia pellets (sweet and nutty smoke).  Sous vide 64 C for 48 hours
P9142774_zpsdio8jfza.jpg

Made a sammy I've wanted to try for a while.  Rye, swiss cheese, sauerkraut and pastrami.  Next time i'll brine my own beef from brisket.  Supermarket uses another cut.  Not enough fat.

P9182781_zpsundbrakj.jpg

Oh yeah.

I like the thinness it's more of a melt than a giant meat sandwich.
Deathtosnails said:
Next time i'll brine my own beef from brisket.  Supermarket uses another cut.  Not enough fat.

Chop it and add a fatty cut in.

Back