• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Mayo on the lid again, then what is this???

Mystery guest is here.
100_1783.jpg

100_1784.jpg

Repeat the meats and cheeses to finish the rest(a layer to heavy layer of each)
100_1788.jpg

Cut it in half since it is for 2 lunches
100_1789.jpg

After wrapping I realized you might want a size reference.
100_1790.jpg

I can't wait until tomorrow at lunch. Off to bed I go.

EDIT: for typo

Now I know what I'm making for lunch tomorrow. A Cuban sandwich. Gonna do it up right and pull out the pressure cooker for the pork. 45 minutes pulled pork mixed with a drizzle of mojo sauce... money.

Ok Datil, now the pic of you getting that great monster into your pie-hole!!!! That would be worth a THOUSAND words, and props! And like Scovie said, I'm now hungry. :rofl:

That's no interwebz picture, that's a space station... I mean... it is a "food model" not to be served but meant to ENTICE you!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/why-photos-mcdonald-burgers-look-much-better-real-173911342.html

lets keep this thang with pics of a sand witch that you made or bought. that sammy does not make me hungry either it looks like a few slices of processed meat and a bunch of vegetable crap,lol.

Holy mother of that, that is all holy!
Holyholyholyholyholyholy...
JAG launchin' it into the cheap seats!

B O O M !

CUBANOS - 2

SHLITZKI'S - 0

To begin with, me no likey mustard and that Cubano looked like it had alot of it. Yuck! Interestingly enough, there was this one burger I used to buy from McD's that had this fine tasting spicy mustard of some kind. Never found out what it was but it was about the only mustard I have ever liked. I will say that the pork from that Cubano looked tasty. I'll take me some Cuba Libres, though.

lilcholo, if you do the shopping check out the various mustards or ask whoever does the shopping to look. I'll check out what I have and report back. Even though they no longer have the burger maybe they have the mustard packets.

Back