• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Is that the "hot mustard" they give you with nuggets?

If we ever got to hang out I would turn you into a mustard lover.

ALRIGHT!!!

Ghetto cuban, cause I am dumb and forgot pickles' and used the wrong cheese

sourdough bread slathered with 3 peppercorn mustard

one side with colby jack cheese, then honey ham then lettuce cause well i like lettuce

other side with collby jack, BBQ Pineapple chutney, and sliced pork chop seasoned with smoked paprika, chili powder, and red savina dust

tossed together, back in the pan on both sides of the sammy, and bam

2012-07-12_17-32-34_147.jpg

2012-07-12_17-32-43_681.jpg

2012-07-12_17-37-31_549.jpg

2012-07-12_17-44-02_547.jpg

2012-07-12_17-45-44_647.jpg

2012-07-12_17-48-24_951.jpg

Bam!
Even tho I'm dead to you, that Bastardised Cubano looks fantastic.
Maybe one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me. And make me a sandwich...

wheebz, I reckoned you would put some kind of bizarre spin on a cubano.

You did not disappoint.

Which is kind of the whole point.

While I posted what is arguably the definitive classic Cuban, you posted one that YOU like. :clap:

Mayo on the lid again, then what is this???

Mystery guest is here.
100_1783.jpg

100_1784.jpg

Repeat the meats and cheeses to finish the rest(a layer to heavy layer of each)
100_1788.jpg

Cut it in half since it is for 2 lunches
100_1789.jpg

After wrapping I realized you might want a size reference.
100_1790.jpg

I can't wait until tomorrow at lunch. Off to bed I go.

EDIT: for typo
where are the veggies?

While I posted what is arguably the definitive classic Cuban, you posted one that YOU like. :clap:

Arguably, yes. Flavor wise, not arguable... you were spot on with the ingriedients in that Cuban sammie TB, but I've only seen them with pulled pork down here in Miami... and Cuban bread (but you're right, simple French bread is VERY similar to Cuban bread.) And your press technique is exactly what I do.

Get your Mix 98.3 on and make a Cuban sandwich, ya'll.

Sorry, I posted my Dagwood. When reading the beginning of the thread I saw Cuban being mentioned but not mandatory. My Bad.

OH NO Justy! Go do it all over again!!!!! hahahaha

Naw, TB said for the sake of "popularizing" we can make whatevs this month.

btw - how was lunch, you dawg?!?!?!?!?! :drooling:

lilcholo, if you do the shopping check out the various mustards or ask whoever does the shopping to look. I'll check out what I have and report back. Even though they no longer have the burger maybe they have the mustard packets.

Thanks pileiton. I do the shopping and believe me, I tried a few but only because my wife does like mustard so I knew they wouldn't go to waste if they weren't the one. Never could come across one that tasted like the one from McD's. Some of those brown's are aight, but the plain yellow stuff is just too much for me. I can handle it with like say maybe 4-6 drops mixed in with enough mayo to cover both buns. I like my potato salad with a light cream color, not so much mustard. I could only hope that one day I can find out what mustard they were using. They also had another burger that had like a mustard with hints of red in it but that's not the one I'm talking about.

I've been looking all over google and it might have been the McD's Arch Deluxe cause it says it had a secret mustard-mayo sauce. Hmmm, maybe it was just plain spicy brown mixed in with some mayo.

So after posting this message I found this: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Arch-Deluxe-Recipe.html Eureka!

Oh boy... here we go.

IMG_5013.jpg

I'll save the rest of the pics to put together for process.

The pork as been in the pressure cooker for about a half hour... place smells awesome. Gotta keep an eye out for the policia. They might get the feds to put me on a no fly list just so my awesomeness doesn't leave.

Is that the "hot mustard" they give you with nuggets?

If we ever got to hang out I would turn you into a mustard lover.

No, it was mustard that came on a burger back in the late 90's but I think I figured out the recipe.

And nobody could ever get me to become a musatrd lover. I can do some of the browns and spicy's but the yellow stuff is nastage!

ALRIGHT!!!

Ghetto cuban, cause I am dumb and forgot pickles' and used the wrong cheese

sourdough bread slathered with 3 peppercorn mustard

one side with colby jack cheese, then honey ham then lettuce cause well i like lettuce

other side with collby jack, BBQ Pineapple chutney, and sliced pork chop seasoned with smoked paprika, chili powder, and red savina dust

tossed together, back in the pan on both sides of the sammy, and bam

2012-07-12_17-32-34_147.jpg

2012-07-12_17-32-43_681.jpg

2012-07-12_17-37-31_549.jpg

2012-07-12_17-44-02_547.jpg

2012-07-12_17-45-44_647.jpg

2012-07-12_17-48-24_951.jpg

Now that looks like a mustard I could go for.....as well as everything else, especially the sourdogh bread because that's what Schlotzki's uses, of course. Good looking sandwhich there, weebz!

Back