• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Just squeeked in the "Melt" for October. Enjoy~

This was damm sloppy awesome.

THE BREAD...
CJ made some Bacon, Roasted Garlic, Potato bread, and that sent this whole thing in motion to awesomeville.

THE CHEESE...
A blend of Tillamook medium cheddar and Munster, tossed with Seth's WildFire powder.
Romano was used to fry under the bread.

THE FILLINS...
Fresh Tomato, Dill Pickle, Ham (on one), Siracha (on another one), and mayo.

THE SOUP...
One can Campbell's Tomato soup, One can Crushed Tomatoes, One can Canellini beans, Basil, Garlic and Onion Powders,
Celery Salt, Old Bay Seasoning, CJ's Cajun Seasoning, Chile Flakes, 1/2 & 1/2, and Buttermilk, all Motor-boated til smooooth.

THE BUILD...
Layered all the fillins between two pieces of the Mayo'd bread, melted butter in the pan, and sprinkled a little pile of Romano just before placing the sandwich on it. Repeated for both sides.

FTW!

file-147.jpg

file-155.jpg

file-148.jpg

file-149.jpg

file-150.jpg

file-151.jpg

file-154.jpg

file-152.jpg

file-145.jpg

file-153.jpg

Damn, Scovie. Bet that was tasty with the Badia Siracha.

And GM with the meatloaf taco... werds.

I might have missed it, but what's for this month?

What with the holiday's n' such approaching, for November's SOTM I'd like to keep it simple but good with a world wide favorite...

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato aka THE BLT.

Heaps of bacon types out there i.e. Canadian, maple, apple wood smoked, pepper bacon, etc. Even pork belly works for me.

And the BLT isn't limited to bacon, lettuce, and tomato only.

Add avocado and slap it on sourdough for a Cali version.

Add a fried egg for a brekky version.

Y'all get the picture.

Just make sure to bring teh spiceenescxt with it!

Whoop 'em out!

Finally a day off y'all.

mrs. blues bought some bacon not long ago and only ate a little bit from the pack.

I reckon if its still good to go, Ima' be postin' up a BLT tonight!

Damn Scovie, you KILLED that melt. I would give you another crown, but TB said no, it's all in good fun. How fun is that? Sick 'em.

:lol:

Danke Schön THP.

It was a killer sandmich, Bacon Bread... heellls ya-vol! and the soup... Oh mah GAWD.

TB's workin now, so HE'S no fun. We'll have to rememberinate the "no crown" rule next time HE hits it out of the park.

neener neener neener

what kind of cuisine are you cooking at work? i didn't notice if you mentioned it prior ...

For now its breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast is very Texan. Simple eggs any way, omelettes, sausage, bacon, pancakes and homemade biscuits. They sell heaps of pancakes and some folks opt for a huge CFS with white gravy, eggs, biscuit, and hash browns. The CFS is the size of a dinner platter! Their most popular is biscuits and gravy with or without sausage.

Lunch features heavy on po'boys, shrimp, roast beef, catfish and oyster and come in either 6 inch or 12 inch. Add to that a really good 1/2 pound burger always from fresh meat, CFC or CFS and some other typical items and there you have it.

More or less the schtick is to duplicate some of the old school NOLA style diners. At first I didn't grok to it but now I get it. The mission is to bring back food quality and business that has been lost the last year and a half due to less than stellar cooks they had in their employ.

Its a small town joint and getting good help ain't easy for them.

No worries.

What's this about me not giving out a crown?

Huh?

I don't know about crowns ... wasn't something i mentioned ...

i do, however, know about that style joint ... i worked in a breakfast/lunch joint for a number of years in HS ... first doing dishes, then prep, then garde manger or whatever that word was ...

know what i remember most? how often there's blood in the eggs that come in flats ... that's what I remember most ...

know what i remember most? how often there's blood in the eggs that come in flats ... that's what I remember most ...

A little blood in an egg bothers you, but you'd eat a steak which is all blood? :lol:

Here's some BLT love for y'all.

A mrs. blues favorite, thick center cut apple wood smoked bacon, in cast iron of course.

IMG_4159.jpg

A couple slices of Mrs. Baird's Whole Wheat (and only whole wheat, no white flour filler), painted with jalapeno ranch dressing, red onion slices and pickled chiltepins.

IMG_4160.jpg

Add some iceberg lettuce, (its a Texas 'thang, and the other produce at the store sucked) nice slices of tomato, and slap on dat bacon. What's this? Pepperjack cheese? Throw some of that on there too!

IMG_4162.jpg

Its now ready for your pieholing and gustatory pleasure.

I ate it like I was mad at it!

IMG_4165.jpg

I haven't had bacon in forever and it was fo' sho' chingon on this sammich. The combo of the that and the toms, crisp lettuce, onion, and chiltepin was mucho mojo sassification between two slices of toasted bread.

Get it in ya'!

Back