• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest Shootout & Prize Thread

Jeff H said:
lucky dog hot sauce chipotle
texas creek spicy worcestershire sauce

For my first pick.

No, we DVRed Zoo and the wife wanted to watch it tonight. Sorry to Delay this.

no worries at all ...

GIP - you're up!

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60898-second-annual-memorial-day-user-land-bbq-contest-shootout-prize-thread/?p=1333405
... or JHP, whomever goes 1st - goes first ...

... since it was a tie and all ...

:dance:

FWIW, also ... if someone's gone - you don't have to wait for me for the next person to go ahead and post ...

Just abide by the one's that are no longer available based on what's gone from anyone who's gone ahead of you, and it's all good ...
Once BigB goes, whenever BigB goes ... then it's a free-for-all to get in for the Second Round ... post order wins! That should make it a bit more exciting as we go, but I wanted to make sure musky got to pick 1st for winning, to start.

It appears the rules for AnySoldier basically require the item to be commercial and not homemade. So far we have a Texas Creek bottle and JHP powders which have freshness seals and cellophane cap enclosures, so we're good thus far - I think ...

The Wicked Mike and De Roo HS's won't fit the rules, nor will most of the jellies.

In my opinion, or based on my interpretation of their instructions, the LD and Pi Rho items are good choices for AnySoldier ... and I think the Savage Jerky fits, too.

The Pex's and Red Hawk's are borderline, but I'd rather not toe the line at all.

:cheers:
D3monic said:
Pi Rho got a lot of awards for that sauce. Surprised no one jumped on it. 
It's good, too - good enough That I bought a bunch to ensure my own constant supply!

grantmichaels said:
It appears the rules for AnySoldier basically require the item to be commercial and not homemade. So far we have a Texas Creek bottle and JHP powders which have freshness seals and cellophane cap enclosures, so we're good thus far - I think ...

The Wicked Mike and De Roo HS's won't fit the rules, nor will most of the jellies.

In my opinion, or based on my interpretation of their instructions, the LD and Pi Rho items are good choices for AnySoldier ... and I think the Savage Jerky fits, too.

The Pex's and Red Hawk's are borderline, but I'd rather not toe the line at all.

:cheers:

It's good, too - good enough That I bought a bunch to ensure my own constant supply!
Switch my 2 for these - my powders should be fine but they are VERY picky about those boxes per my neighbor. He has to sneak my powder in his trips, weapon grade or something?

lucky dog hot sauce purple
lucky dog hot sauce pink

to finish off round one i'll take 
wicked mike's mango kiwi congo
wicked mike's baconator

To start off round 2, I'll take: 
lucky dog hot sauce black
pex peppers taco fuego
:)

Back