SEEKING REVIEW TEAM - INT'L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't calling it bad a little subjective? I've gotten very used to the 'Aussie' style fruit based sauces. Last year i got some sauces from the States, they are well known companies with good followings.

I however find their sauces to have a 'vinegary' taste that is not really to my liking. I guess all I'm saying is two people could see the same product very differently, is there any benefit to having two people review the same product?

something in the vein of this TV show http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s1138600.htm . Both hosts give their opinion, which can differ greatly depending on tastes.

Yes it is, you're reading too much into my post. My point is why bash it just to bash it if it's a small time saucemaker? There's really no point in seeking out "what you think is bad" sauce to review.

thehotpepper.com said:
Yes it is, you're reading too much into my post. My point is why bash it just to bash it if it's a small time saucemaker? There's really no point in seeking out "what you think is bad" sauce to review.

NP I see where you're coming from.

By the way, if it is sent in to a reviewer, it will receive a 100% honest assessment. It's the seeking out of bad sauces that have not been sent in I disagree with. I'm not interested in reviewers that want to do that.

The one I had in mind was a mass produced green hab sauce that is sold in at least one supermarket chain over here, and it is serious muck, with a gloopy wallpaper paste consistency and it lacks in all department from flavour to heat.
There are a good few folk that have mentioned how bad this sauce is in the brit forums,
I'l never go all out just to diss a product I didn't like but I would make it clear as to why it wasn't to my taste, but I can say one thing about this green hab sauce and that is that it is the worst sauce I have ever tasted (so far but I'm pretty sure I could say ever will)

Cupboard is a bit bare of commercial sauces at the mo, and I don't have a single favourite there are many that I like.
I haven't tasted a Marie sharps sauce that I didn't like and of course naga snakebite private reserve and even though it has a stupid cartoon label and stupid name a really like baboon's ass original hab sauce (to name a few!!)

DT, I hear ya, when it's mass-produced you may want to warn people of the sauce with a review. I get that. :)

Does this mean that there will be more opportunity for international sauce makers to get a review, if so and want a Canadian sauce to review, I would love to send one in!

Lemme know!

As soon as the team is in place. :)

If you're still looking, I'd be happy to give it a go.. do you need a text sample or video sample to start off with?? I've got a few bottles of sauce I could review.. let me know :)

Hey Dan,
I would absolutely love to review for THP.
It's been a while since I reviewed anything and my grammar improved greatly since then, so I don't think it's relevant.
Also, I might be gone for periods of time, if that's ok by you. :)

Good sirs please send a PM sample review. Review a product and try to hit on all the details like aroma, taste, texture, heat, whatever... add your personality, and send it this way.

I cant seem to upload my other video review, but it wasnt that good i don't think soo at least(getting better) i guess i'll just try a different sauce.

Follow the instructions for sending a sample review.

Hey guys the new review system is done and JayT and DTS will be using it as soon as they get free time.

Now I am looking for more reviewers. Please PM sample reviews. Make sure they are detailed. If you would like to see how detailed they are you can view some soon, probably this weekend, in the new section.

Thanks for the videos but this is for written reviews.

Not sure if I am under the hot product affiliation category as I do Chile reviews and have a company. I however do not advertise on my reviews, and do not market any sauces. I would love to be a reviewer. I believe I could be fair and meticulous enough to give good reviews. Let me know if I can qualify, and Ill get a sample review together for you. In the sample reviews, do they need to be of a sauce, seasoning, raw pepper.....?

Please send a detailed sauce review. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back