• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shadowchilli Grow Log

Ok so here it goes, my first try at a grow log.
Here is the list of the different types i have growing, or starting. A lot of these are overwintered from last season. Unfortuantly alot of the tags i had to label the plants have all been blown away. Will have to wait and see what pods i get :lol:
-trinidad scorpian red
-trinidad scorpian butch t
-doughla
-orange manzano
-red rocotto
-bhut jolokia
-bih jolokia
-yellow 7 pod
-7 pod jonah
-7 pod barrackpore
-yellow fatalii
-yellow cayene
-red cayene
-black prince
-red habs
-mustard habs
-orange habs
-peach habs
-hungarian wax
-lemon??
-assorted birdseye's
-yellow scorp cardi
-CGN21500 C.Chinense

This is a little present that i got a couple of days ago for my birthday.
The idea is i start my seeds out indoors, and once they go outside into the greenhouse they sit on the tray up the top, and once big enough to potup again they go down the bottom, and eventually outside.
greenhouse.jpg

Also for my birthday i got a joke present.
For those of you who dont know, my real name is Allan. My parents loved the recent video clip with the talking animals they decided to get me these. As since they did they will now be the mascots for growing my chillis, lol.
critters.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzypOnklG60&feature=related

Great looking list Allan. That is definitely a ton of heat. What are your temps when you are growing in that tent outside? Cant wait to follow your season!

Matt

Great looking list Allan. That is definitely a ton of heat. What are your temps when you are growing in that tent outside? Cant wait to follow your season!

Matt

Im yet to check for temps as i only put it up 2 days ago, lol.
The benifit is that the front, back and sides all uncilp and fold up. Underneath the plastic there is like a metal type shadecloth. Allows air to flow through to stop it getting to hot still letting the sun in and keeping bugs out.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I still have more seeds on the way, once they arrive and i get them up and going i will add them to the list.

Lookin goot, here in Orlando, it is fall, but still 88 or so, i expect frost 50 days or so from now. I will be keeping up with this, if ya have an aji lemon or similar, grow 3 more, my hew favorite, I love a yellow Fatali, but... There's a new sheriff in taste town....

This is where they start,lol.
They were all put in there at different times, hence why some have come up and still waiting on others. There is also a couple of miracle plants sticking their heads up as well.

chilli2.jpg

Here are some plants from the last round of germination. There are some serrano, bhut, scorps and congo.

chilli8.jpg

Below is some that were started a few months ago just to see if i could get them going inside early. Didnt really grow very much for a long time, but have taken off recently. There are doughla, orange rocoto, barrackpore, johna and something else i cant remember, lol. :beer: :beer:

chilli.jpg

Left is a red rocoto, and right is an orange manzano.

chilli7.jpg

Zimbabwe birdseye, overwintered. It never got cut back, or repotted. Got a lot of neglect but is covered in flowers, and a couple of little pods.

chilli1.jpg

The three pots in the back corner were started from seeds that i got from a pod when i was visiting my sister at christmas last year. She lives in NSW. They were just growing on the side of a road, i saw them and thought i have to have them, lol. They look like some type of birdseye. On the left is a couple of miracle fruit plants.

chilli3.jpg

In the half wine barrel at the back is a couple of plants that did really well last season, they got a little cut back over winter but nothing major. On the left is trinidad scorp, and the right is a yellow 7. Got lots of little flowers on them at the moment, just cant wait for them to get growing!!

chilli5.jpg

Again some more overwintered plants, these got a big cutback and repotted. Already have a couple of flowers starting to open, hope they set pods. Again they are yellow 7 and scorps.

chilli6.jpg

I do have alot more plants then this, but i just dont have time to take photos of them all.
Next update will be next week.
Thanks for looking.

Looks good you have a lot going on :)

Yeah i have the normal problem of two many plants not enough room to put them all, lol. And i still keep putting new seeds in :crazy:

How tall are the ones in the wine barrel? They look like they are a very decent size!

Just went and had a look, the tallest point on them is around 140cm from the top of the soil. Cant wait for them to grow back to how big they were before winter :hell:

Wow! Everything looks really good. The plants you started a few months back look really healthy.

Thanks, i was really worried about them at first since i dont have a very good lighting setup. When they were inside they were growing really slow, and then appeared to stop. Put them outside every now and again when there was nice weather and now they just keep on going and going...

Just to add to this, i just noticed that my red rocoto has some open flowers!!
I really hope they set fruit but i doubt that they will, have read on here and elsewhere not to expect fruit untill the second year of growing...

Just went and had a look, the tallest point on them is around 140cm from the top of the soil. Cant wait for them to grow back to how big they were before winter :hell:
If I understand correctly, they should grow even bigger. :D

My biggest plants last season were my NOT Wasps--I never actually measured them but they would have been a metre tall at least. I pruned them right back just prior to Winter and just recently they exploded with new growth. Sadly though the damn mites got to them pretty badly and I had to prune them right back again last week. Hopefully I can keep the mites away this time 'cause these things look like they really want to be monsters!

If I understand correctly, they should grow even bigger. :D

My biggest plants last season were my NOT Wasps--I never actually measured them but they would have been a metre tall at least. I pruned them right back just prior to Winter and just recently they exploded with new growth. Sadly though the damn mites got to them pretty badly and I had to prune them right back again last week. Hopefully I can keep the mites away this time 'cause these things look like they really want to be monsters!

I didnt even feed them last year either. This year i will be using worm tea so it should be good. Luckily i have never had any problems with mites, i only get the occasional aphids, but thats about all really.

I remember reading about your not wasps, but i cant find it on the forums anywhere. Got a link somewhere?

Just to add to this, i just noticed that my red rocoto has some open flowers!!
I really hope they set fruit but i doubt that they will, have read on here and elsewhere not to expect fruit untill the second year of growing...
Two of my Rocoto plant produced fruit in their first season. They are listed as a longer season plant yet I saw flower buds developing on my best two starts 60 days after they had sprouted last season.

The trick is to get them to set fruit by meeting their requirements. This season I will experiment with growing some Rocoto plants in the ground to see how root-ball temperature influences fruit set.

Back