• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should we have a fun 2009 grow contest?

I just saw some sprouts in my paper towel:) so tomorrow I will put them in cells and start pumping them with steroids, protein supplements, redbull, and creatine;)
And just for Pam we'll throw in a mountain dew:)

dang...no sprouts here yet....

Here is the same one from earlier. It is amazing how fast they stand up when they first pop up.

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

millworkman said:
looking good fineexample. Time to get those little guys under some lights.
They were getting some sunlight today and i had a plant light on all my stuff. I can't afford to buy one of the expensive types, so i have one for an aquarium.

I have had 4 fatalii's sprout from Monday's planting.

3 in jiffy pellets and 1 in seed raising mix.

I put 2 of the jiffy sprouted seeds in 80/20% mix of coir & perlite and will do the same with the other one tomorrow

I still only have the one that sprung in the soil outside in the hot days just gone. We are in the middle of summer here in Aus! It sprung fast but the other 2 in the ground have not moved.

The couple of seeds i pulled that i planted early........... i put them in paper towl and they have gone all black. dont hold much hope for them

My other 2 last seeds i had went into a sand/peat moss mix and have been sitting on the window cill in my kitchen that gets nice warm afternoon sun. only problem is its been very cool here at night getting below 20 deg and i havnt been able to hold persistant temps with he seeds.

I am going to start putting them on the hot water system during the night to try and keep them warm enough.

I really wanted 2 plants to do a trial on my own.

One indoors under lights..... and one outdoors in a makeshift plastic green house during the winter with lots of sunlight in the garden

Fingers crossed i can get a second plant but not holding my breath.

cheers

Got three sprouts overnight....

Game on....

011709a002.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Pam, I found the Pro-Mix at Hyams Garden Center of Folly Rd. on Johns Island. Really nice garden center and worth the trip. A 3.8 cu. ft. bale really goes a long way as I still have half a bale left from last year. Tell me if you come this way as I'd like to meet up if you like.

Ah, there it is. I lost this post, I wasn't ignoring your deliberately. Anyway, I actually know where Folly Road is, and if I'm going to be down that way, I will certainly get in touch with you beforehand.

I *think* I have found a place up here where I can get some quality potting soil. I'm off work for MLK Day tomorrow, so I'm going to check it out.

Back