• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Show us your Ghetto growing gear.

didn't think anyone was following this post.

i wasn't looking to win any kind of throw down award................i've been banned from that, something to do with my expired generic chicken wiener recipe! no one got hurt!

the co2 generator worked great, if you look real hard, in the heated germination chamber you will see the air hose goes into a jar of water, an air stone is attached, this way i could scientifically monitor the amount of co2 being released and see if the thing was actually working. so, it accomplished 2 things for me: first it emitted co2 for the photosynthesis process, second - it increased the humidity factor, which i lack greatly, with our dry arid climate.

the one minor adjustment and you have to look very close, follow the air tube coming from the bottle and you will see a loop in the hose with an old used twist tie, to regulate the co2 entering the chamber.

388400_313050842066600_100000850614845_847393_388709926_n.jpg

394197_313051258733225_100000850614845_847395_889531194_n.jpg

This is awesome!...i love growing plants....started in my pothead days....now that i have matured with a family of my own....ive been a chili head ever since!....wish this site would let me upload my pics lol

This is the second LED light I built. The first one turned out very well. This one had the best of intentions
First the lights I used CREE XML lights because I wanted deeper penetration (hee hee). And they put out 900 lumens if you push them with 3 amps. I got 10. The spectrum looked perfect for cool whites so I got 6 of them and 4 of another spectrum to split the difference.
IMG_0669.jpg

Next driver:
http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_3170wt_802
So far so good. Let's build the light
Taps, heat sink,Oil, Fan, power source.
IMG_0664.jpg

I broke the tap in the heat sink. Didn't matter because I didn't have any bolts that matched the threads of any of the taps I had. So I drilled holes and wrenched the oversized steel bolts into the holes.
Now I didn't measure anything and found out that the fan is too big so I could only use two bolts.
I have everything bolted on and I can't get the fan to work. I check the power supply and it is supplying 12 volts and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I reread the inputs on the fan and see this:
IMG_0690.jpg
Yep I bought a fan that said "BAD". Back to the store. They don't believe me but they give me a new fan anyway.
Hook it up and it works fine.
Now I solder up the LEDs. They ended up not being evenly spaced because I tried to avoid the holes I drilled and well crap happens.
IMG_0684.jpg

Whadya know it works:
IMG_0741.jpg

Some might say that CREE XML lights are not ghetto. Well I made them ghetto dern it.

Instead of using those white plastic plant labels i use plastic forks and just label the handle. I find these are much cheaper. Lets say about $1.00 for 100 forks in chinese stores. I have plently leftover.

i use a disposable plate for tag... i cut it up like a pie until they are 1/4 of an inch thick... or thinner... i'll post a pic mañana...

:clap: im not the only one :clap:

There is safety in numbers.

Maybe not ghetto, but cheap. Four foot, 2 full spectrum FL, draped with aluminum foil. Starter cells washed and used for third season. Only bummer is losing workbench space :banghead:

DSCN3388a.jpg

Seeds eye view - seeds soaking tonight - into the starter mix tomorrow :woohoo:

DSCN3384a.jpg

Back