• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

sicman's "Third Turtle Ranch"

Newest thing going is bees. I've been studying and working them for 6 months. I have a great mentor. Now it's time to start my own hives. Was blessed and got a great deal of used boxes, frames and foundations for $187.00. Literally a $3000.00 value if bought brand new all ready to go from a store. We had to make a 6 hour round trip drive and save them from a old barn.Savings allowed me to jump in with high end suits and all tools I will need. Here are the boxes all cleaned and ready for a coat of paint.
IMG_20220312_174118.jpg

Going to start with 3 and work up to 10 at start. I have room to do way more and a couple other properties that would allow me to put 40 on each. Not sure that will ever happen. Im taking this very slow and learning as much as I can and also learn the right way. I think my focus is going to be on bee removals making splits and selling nucs full of bees. Going this morning to my mentors to feed the weak colonies, hive inspections and a queen check. You literally trap her and mark her with a marker. Pisses the other bees off something fierce, lol.

So now you will have two full-time hobbies!

Back