• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

This Douglah was potted up 5 days ago on June 8th and...
Douglah1.jpg

hasn't skipped a beat and seems to like its new home.
No roots were mangled, sliced or harmed during the filming of this transplant. ;)
Douglah1_6-13-10.jpg

That's all for now.

amazing pics. I can't believe how fast and full you're getting these things to grow. I can't beleive you started that Douglah 2nd week of march and it's already a beast. I love that Fatalii pic, can't wait to see it ripe.

Nice, your growing prowess amazes me. I think I'll want some of those Douglah seeds back at the end of the season. :onfire:
You got em Cappy, Douglah 1 is definitely the seed plant. :)

amazing pics. I can't believe how fast and full you're getting these things to grow. I can't beleive you started that Douglah 2nd week of march and it's already a beast. I love that Fatalii pic, can't wait to see it ripe.
Well, it's a LOT hotter here. Thanks Ballzworth. :)

Very impressive. Thought only the hydro guys used those rubbermaid totes. But they seem better to use than 5 gallon buckets.

Thanks ditter.

The totes have been modified a bit. SEE: Recycled Aluminum

Yes, I saw the other thread. Looks like a much more cost effective than those $60.00 Earthboxes. I think I'm gonna make one, but modify it a bit with a PVC fill tube in the back instead of the connecting hose you have. I need to keep mine "mobile" so I can move them around in case of a Florida scorcher or Florida downpour. Of course, both of those can happen within about 5 minutes of each other down here.

BTW- I have a few 7Pod Jonahs left over from an order from THSC. PM me your address and I'll send them up to you.

Looking good SS. I think you've got something going with the totes. Going to have to keep my eye out our for a sale at Wally World.

I counted 16 bumble's in that one photo, must have sounded like a freaking helicopter sitting in your corn. I like 'em. Son thinks he's allergic and runs like hell. The chicken.

Best wishes for continued success.

Yes, I saw the other thread. Looks like a much more cost effective than those $60.00 Earthboxes. I think I'm gonna make one, but modify it a bit with a PVC fill tube in the back instead of the connecting hose you have. I need to keep mine "mobile" so I can move them around in case of a Florida scorcher or Florida downpour. Of course, both of those can happen within about 5 minutes of each other down here.

Yeah, when connected to a float system they all need to be on the same level. I know what you mean by downpour. It's dropped 2.25 inches here in the last 1.5 hours, windy as hell, still raining and more heavy rain on the way. I just realized in those tote pics I left out a picture showing an overflow drain hole drilled about an inch below the height of the beer cans on each short end of the totes.

Looking good SS. I think you've got something going with the totes. Going to have to keep my out our for a sale at Wally World.

I counted 16 bumble's in that one photo, must have sounded like a freaking helicopter sitting in your corn. I like 'em. Son thinks he's allergic and runs like hell. The chicken.

Best wishes for continued success.

Yeah, garden was loud with the buzzin'. There were probably close to a thousand in the corn alone. I'm glad to see them back as last year there wasn't a forth of what I've seen so far this year. I've seen articles on the web about the drastic bee population decline and no one seems to know the cause. Hopefully they're on the rebound.

Yeah, garden was loud with the buzzin'. There were probably close to a thousand in the corn alone. I'm glad to see them back as last year there wasn't a forth of what I've seen so far this year. I've seen articles on the web about the drastic bee population decline and no one seems to know the cause. Hopefully they're on the rebound.

I was worried about the bees this year too. I hadn't seen hardly any for almost the entire Spring this year. But luckily, within the last week or two, they've been coming out in droves. I'm guessing it is because we had a couple weeks of heavy rain that helped all the flowers really take off start blooming.

I've read that there was possibly some kind of bee parasite that was the cause for the worldwide population decline as of late. That and big agribusiness/monoculture/pesticide-culture.

SS your plants look great. Nice and straight, bigger than the average bear! ;) Can't wait to see pics of them later this summer when they are loaded down with pods! Keep up the good work :cool:

Whew I made it through all 12 pages to get current with this thread. Man you have some sweet looking chilies. Count me in as a new fan of that Purple Flash. As far as the SWC go I have about 8 including 2 Earthbox brands and 6 homemade. I just use a fill tube. Lemme tell ya ALL plants love those things. Just make sure for chilies you add more particles for airation. This part of the country is beautiful and all but I do miss southern summers for the heat when it comes to growing heat lovers like peppers. I don't think I could convince the wife to move back home though. She can stand the heat. SS I can't wait to see your jungle come the first of August. :drooling:

Thanks guys.

After the rain stopped this afternoon and had cooled things off I decided to snap a few pics.

My other Brain Strain is adding a few bumpies.
BrainStr.jpg

Got a few Scorpion pods forming some heat.
ScorpPodz.jpg

Douglah1 is setting some babies and...
Douglah1-1.jpg

getting ready to fire up some more.
Douglah1a.jpg

My first small ripe Dorset will be ready in a few days and...
Dorset1.jpg

has a few of its larger brothers ready to fire up behind it.
Dorset2.jpg

I'll try and get a few more pics tomorrow, weather permitting.

Oh it's going to get HOT in Dixieland real soon.

SS how's the plants doing on the end that the hose doesn't get much water to? Raining enough?

Back