• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

Silver_Surfer said:
Two rows set out, working on getting a third ready. Battling friggin fire ants again. :(

Good luck with the ants, I had to fight them off last season. DE all over and boiling water down the hills kept them on the run.

The rows are looking fantastic. You'll be hauling back truckloads of pods.

Most of the peppers in the garden aren't doing too well. I went cheap with 1/2" soaker hose
which doesn't work very well when on a slope and deposits most of its load....
Garden6-1-10.jpg

at the lower end of the run. Lesson learned; next year I'll be using drip tape. :(
Garden2_6-1-10.jpg

A shot of a Mucho Nacho and an Aji Amarillo at the end of the row (sweet spot).
M-Nacho-AjiAmarillo6-1-10.jpg

A pic of a couple more that can still be identified (Sharpie labels are faded) Congo Trinidad
CongoTrinidad6-1-10.jpg

Dorset Naga.
Dorset6-1-10.jpg

Some of my peppers in containers and my porch maters. The plants on the extreme right are late started
Trinidad Douglahs. I have a few Douglahs planted in my mix and some potted up in BX to compare this season.
Tom-Chilli6-1-10.jpg

Left to right, Purple Flash, Pimento Super Red, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, 3 Yellow Scorpions and a Fish.
Pimento Super Red, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, and Yellow Scorpions are late starts and need potting up.
Purp-Fish6-1-10.jpg

Left to right, Trinidad Scorpion, Brain Strain, Chocolate Hab, Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Elevation on the 2x4s is part of a defense against a slug crusade and their holy quest.
The rain washed away my last NaCl perimeter; time to reapply.
ScorpBrain6-1-10.jpg

Left to right, Trinidad Scorpion, Brain Strain, Manzano Amarillo
These 3 plants are in a larger, constant moisture level vs standard #5 container comparison test.
ScorpBrainPube6-1-10.jpg

Manzano Amarillo, Manzano Red, Manzano Orange, Aji Lucento tangled pube group shot.
Pubes6-1-10.jpg

It looks like I might get my first taste of some fresh C. pubescens this year. :)
PubePods6-1-10.jpg

Holy crap SS :shocked: . You definately have your jungle grow going on! Plants look fantastic! Think I am definately going to have to move to get a better grow season!! Keep up the good work!!!! ;)

Silver_Surfer said:
It looks like I might get my first taste of some fresh C. pubescens this year. :)

Wow that's an amazing garden you have SS! You'll have to let us know how you like them once you harvest.

Thanks guys.

lazienfat;357045][QUOTE=Silver_Surfer said:

Wow that's an amazing garden you have SS! You'll have to let us know how you like them once you harvest.

Will do. :)

JungleRain said:
Some great plants there SS i like the look of the Purple Flash do you have any shots of it on its own?..great job

I just potted it up this AM and will post a pic for you in a bit.

boutros said:
Looking great again out there. Ideal selection of peppers and vegetables. How much okra this year?

Way too much. :lol:
First two rows on the right are all okra. Far right first row is all Fife Creek, second row first half is Burmese and then Cowhorn.

Fife Creek has replaced Clemson Spineless as my fave for flavor, production, and lasting tenderness on larger pods and so far it is out pacing the other two types I'm growing, but looking forward to trying the others, especially the Burmese pods.

Back