• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver Surfer's 2012 Season Shots

Forming the hilled rows and installing the drip tubing.
HilledRows.jpg

Black plastic mulch and drip line installed.
PlasticMulchInstalled.jpg

Drip lines connected to header/valve assembly.
HeaderInstalled.jpg

Plants hardened and ready for transplant to the garden.
Chillis1_4-28-12.jpg

A closer shot.
Chillis2_4-28-12.jpg

Another view.
Chillis3_4-28-12.jpg

I hope to get about 140 of these transplanted this evening.

I can smell those pods from here...right through the Baggies................Zippies never stop the smell of a great product. Your pepper photo
fits the bill... ($$$$)

Damn silver surfer I finally looked at your whole glog . Much Respect to you bro. every thing you got growing is just truly amazing . Them crosses you got pumping out are real wicked looking . That pepper patch u got there brought back some old memories growing up harvesting a lot veggies for the supper markets around the area. Like I told John I wish we grew suppers or at least the larger varieties lol . they would of made thing easier . the wild varieties we got growing here can be a pain I the ass when your picking it by bulks. I wish I can plant my suppers in the ground but I got to find a way to work with the clay and improve the drainage because the suppers seem to grow slow or get real leggy ? If u have any suggestions lmk

600+ pods from one pull.......I have just been humbled my friend. That is quite the feat; so cool. Hopefully I can expect some monster pulls from my overwinters next year. Your plants look great, so green, dense and filled with pods, so many cool crosses too! Looks like you are def. set for the winter months ahead. Christmas is only 65 days away@@! Any fall garden plans? or is it time to wrap it all up?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Damn silver surfer I finally looked at your whole glog . Much Respect to you bro. every thing you got growing is just truly amazing . Them crosses you got pumping out are real wicked looking . That pepper patch u got there brought back some old memories growing up harvesting a lot veggies for the supper markets around the area. Like I told John I wish we grew suppers or at least the larger varieties lol . they would of made thing easier . the wild varieties we got growing here can be a pain I the ass when your picking it by bulks. I wish I can plant my suppers in the ground but I got to find a way to work with the clay and improve the drainage because the suppers seem to grow slow or get real leggy ? If u have any suggestions lmk

Have you tried gypsum? It's good for breaking up clay and improving the soil structure. It'll take 2 or 3 years to see results though.

600+ pods from one pull.......I have just been humbled my friend. That is quite the feat; so cool. Hopefully I can expect some monster pulls from my overwinters next year. Your plants look great, so green, dense and filled with pods, so many cool crosses too! Looks like you are def. set for the winter months ahead. Christmas is only 65 days away@@! Any fall garden plans? or is it time to wrap it all up?

No fall garden plans. I'm still busy pulling pods, but having difficulty keeping up.

I know what you mean. Less plants but higher quality is my goal. You have so many unique varieties though. The ones I'm looking forward to the most is the bubble gum 7 pot and the primo 7 pot. Maybe next year I try some crosses. Do you overwinter too?

Just stopped by to browse your glog; was amply rewarded!

Looking good. It felt so great to pull most of my plants last week. Hope you get to feel that joy soon. End of season is a pain once you hit the levels you want.

I know what you mean. Less plants but higher quality is my goal. You have so many unique varieties though. The ones I'm looking forward to the most is the bubble gum 7 pot and the primo 7 pot. Maybe next year I try some crosses. Do you overwinter too?

I have overwintered some in the past, but I've decided it's too much effort for too little return with my long growing season. I may dig up a couple of Manzanos this year though. I picked very few of their pods, but they are starting to load up with more green ones now.

Just stopped by to browse your glog; was amply rewarded!

Thanks, you raised some beautiful plants this season.

Looking good. It felt so great to pull most of my plants last week. Hope you get to feel that joy soon. End of season is a pain once you hit the levels you want.

It's called pod overload. :D

Awesome season you had Silver surfer... will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next season...

Thanks, gonna try and restrain myself next season and resist burying so many seeds.

===============================================================================================================

Cold weather is headed this way and I thought I'd snap a few shots before frost ended the season. Frost is coming later this season than last and I haven't fed or watered the garden for the past 6 weeks, but am still getting more pods than I can handle from the small amount of rain we've had.
Chiliplants1.jpg

Chiliplants2.jpg

Chiliplants3.jpg

Chiliplants4.jpg

Chiliplants5.jpg

Chiliplants6.jpg

These 2 strains of the Jalabanero F4 cross pump out an abundance of pods.
Jalabanero-1.jpg

A Maui Purple volunteer that managed to find a hole in the plastic mulch 20 feet from where they were planted last season.
MauiPurplewild.jpg

Another F2 cross that shows great promise and needs growing out for several more seasons.
BTxYScorp.jpg

I hope everyone had a great season, mine is ending as another begins (muzzle loader season begins November 16th). :)

SS, I got your Douglah seeds yesterday!! Thank you so much. Your garden looks phenomenal! I wish I could get my plants to even half your height.

Woah, that F2 cross is a monster!

What were the parent varieties?

Im in the same boat. Barely any rain, and haven't watered in many weeks. Might hit freezing here early monday. Forcasting 33, but gets a bit colder as the cold air gets trapped in the hills im in. You have many more ripe pods than i though. Still green pods everywhere, with the first from this last burst just starting to turn. I actually hit one row with some water this morning as i was feeling like a neglected plant owner. A few are toast already.
Your pictures are all too familiar.
Amazing season nevertheless!
And nice cross. She's a beauty.

SS, I got your Douglah seeds yesterday!! Thank you so much. Your garden looks phenomenal! I wish I could get my plants to even half your height.

Good to hear they made it through customs.

Woah, that F2 cross is a monster!

What were the parent varieties?

Smaller pod crosses do some amazing things sometimes. Butch T Scorpion x Yellow Scorpion.

The goal was a yellow Butch T, but the seed I got from Pepper Boys produced this instead. No complaints, tastes great, more filling. :D

Thanks GA Growhead, I'm ready for a break. :)

Awesome plants SS. Very cool grow you've got. Sad to see all of the wonderful gardens go but the off time is so short, it's not too bad. I have to wait longer to watch football, than to start my garden again!

Back