• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver Surfer's 2012 Season Shots

Forming the hilled rows and installing the drip tubing.
HilledRows.jpg

Black plastic mulch and drip line installed.
PlasticMulchInstalled.jpg

Drip lines connected to header/valve assembly.
HeaderInstalled.jpg

Plants hardened and ready for transplant to the garden.
Chillis1_4-28-12.jpg

A closer shot.
Chillis2_4-28-12.jpg

Another view.
Chillis3_4-28-12.jpg

I hope to get about 140 of these transplanted this evening.

Great, I can always use some help picking. :)

Now if it would just produce some pods. ;)

The penos are Biker Billys grown from saved seed from last season. Well all are except the one large pod which is a Giant Jalapeno grown from seed I got from Judy. I'm trying to see if the Bikers are hybrids; the jury is still out.

I can't get enough fried okra. Last season I grew a full row, but this season I only have a little over half a row. Two seasons ago I had 2 full rows, but was trying out several different types and was buried in the stuff. :lol: After sampling several different kinds, I've settled on one variety now; Fife Creek Cowhorn.

Thanks, but size is relative. My garden is tiny compared to what I grew many years ago and very small compared to some other growers here. And I'm always running out of space.

Blasphemy!!!
eek.gif

I like it pickled too with some garlic and a few hot pods added to the brine.

Cut it into one inch chunks, dip it in an egg milk wash, roll it in cornmeal with a little flour seasoned with salt and pepper powder and deep fry it in vegetable oil at 370 degrees. My fave finger food and a little horse radish dip goes well with it too. :)
DSCN0880.jpg

thats what im talkin about food my favorite :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

ok now i am hungry and i don't have any okra you guys the dam ground hogs ate my beans and watermelons,cantalope,and some of my squach.

Silver, I've had pods on my St. Helena George Pepper for about 5 weeks now and not one sign of them turning color. How are yours doing!?!?

Hey SS! Good to see you and the garden are up and at 'em! Been wondering how things were going for you in this heat wave, looks like you got a handle on everything. Best of luck to ya buddy.

ok now i am hungry and i don't have any okra you guys the dam ground hogs ate my beans and watermelons,cantalope,and some of my squach.

I hear some folks think groundhog is tasty, :D

The jungle is growing. Looks good.

Thanks, hope the survive the long hot summer.

love your garden it looks great. i love me some okra,and them fried okra look fantastic!

A man that knows good food when he sees it. :)

Silver, I've had pods on my St. Helena George Pepper for about 5 weeks now and not one sign of them turning color. How are yours doing!?!?

Yep, a few a ripening now, pics to follow.

Hey SS! Good to see you and the garden are up and at 'em! Been wondering how things were going for you in this heat wave, looks like you got a handle on everything. Best of luck to ya buddy.

Thanks P, it has been damn hot here, but cooler and wetter weather is coming.

The Manzanos are barely hangin' on in this record heat. A few have kicked the bucket.
The weather has been extremely dry here, grass and even rag weeds are dying, but cooler weather with maybe some rain is in the forcast for this week.
Chilies 7-7-12
Chilies7-7-12.jpg

Here's a few pod shotz.

Saint Helena is ripening a few.
SaintHelena7-7-12.jpg

Murupi Red
MurupiRed7-7-12.jpg

Aji Yellow
AjiYellow7-7-12.jpg

Another Aji Yellows from the same seed source. This one has some heavy wrinkles and a little load problem.
AjiYellow2_7-7-12.jpg

Chocolate Congo
TrinidadCongoChocolate7-7-12.jpg

Galapagos Isabella Red
GalapagosIsabellaRed7-7-12.jpg

Faria
Faria7-7-12.jpg

Madam Jeanette
MadamJeanette7-7-12.jpg

Continued......

Chocolate Bhut
ChocolateBhut7-7-12.jpg

Douglah X Scorpion (Brown F3)
DouglahXScorpionBrownF3_7-7-12.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow
BrainStrainYellow7-7-12.jpg

Brain Strain
BrainStrain7-7-12.jpg

Antilles Fire
AntillesFire7-7-12.jpg

Black Stinger??? Hmmm, are these supposed to be black?
BlackStinger7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Chaguanas
7PodChaguanas7-7-12.jpg

These Chaguanas produce some fair sized heat.
7PodChaguanas2_7-7-12.jpg

Continued.........

7 Pod Yellow
7PodYellow7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Red
7PodRed7-7-12.jpg

Figured I would help you get the next 10 of that list of pics on here. It should now let you get the rest up if you want to. :D

Thanks, posting rules have gone bonkers around here.

7 Pod Burgundy
7PodRBurgundy7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Orange
7PodOrange7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Jonah
7PodJonah7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Douglah Red BB
7PodDouglahRedBB7-7-12.jpg

7 Pod Brown X ??? Saved 7 Pod Brown seeds that apparently crossed with a neighbor last season.
7PodBrownX7-7-12.jpg

Looking great!

I am really interested in those BBs...What is the seed source if you don't mind me askin. I ran into a bit of a fiasco last season with em, and yours look MUCH more like they should.

Absolutely amazing SS!!
Your garden is gorgeous as always!
You may have to push a few tables together this year!!

Kevin

Your plants look great. Crazy how fast your garden grows, I show everyone around me when I am looking at your glog.

Unreal pod count. Do you tie up the side branches coming off the main stem. I have some of that going on with mine but that is a crazy amount.

I'll join the chorus - amazing! I love the bright colors on your pods - they look beautiful. Those second aji yellows look crazy.

Back