• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Simple beginnings...

3-24-11-2.jpg

Beauty!

Moving to 1/2 strength ferts for the larger seedlings.

Watered the 4" pots on Tues. by allowing them to sit in a fert/water solution for 10 to 15 minutes. Then allowed to sit in an empty tray to allow excess water to drain off. Still don`t need watering almost 1 week later. Promix appears to not only draw water well, but hold it too. Temps have been 70ish all week in the basement. Appears that checking the weight when dry vs. watered is the way to go :dance:

Allowing a box fan set on low to provide airflow across the plants by the same timer for lights. 18-6 light cycle.

Quick update... douglahs(bottom 3) are coming along great now :dance: removed all the deformed leaves after new ones formed.

Must not have liked the sponge setup :eek:

004.jpg

Still playing with the new cam... so pics is what they is :rofl:

Nice. I only have 1 douglah at the moment unless more germinate.

Enjoy, and watch your garden....I know where philly is. *evil laugh* :rofl:

Watering today.. plants were dry all the way to the bottom.

Removed one of the Chocolate Jolokia and a St. Barts to look at the roots. 4" shallow pots are full of roots wrapping around
the pot! :dance: Moved the 3 of each to 4" deep pots to try and get more time. Can`t wait to go outside into the cloth grow bags so air-pruning can begin.

Once a week watering this time no ferts to slow down growth. Tomorrow should be able to get some sun time! :woohoo:

Thinking next year to go straight from the seedling tray to 4" deep pots and avoid the potting up :cool:

Even start 2 weeks later...

Be careful not to sunburn those young plants, in the shade is where you want them until they get used to the bright sun. Seed will be in your mailbox Monday delivery. Nice to get the plants outside but do it gradually! :hell:

Your plants are looking great. Very happy healthy. Good luck on this years grow.

Be careful not to sunburn those young plants, in the shade is where you want them until they get used to the bright sun. Seed will be in your mailbox Monday delivery. Nice to get the plants outside but do it gradually! :hell:

That was the mistake I made last year. It really set me back, but this year all have been properly hardened off and are happy in the sun.

Back