• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SineNomine 2024

Links to my grow logs:

20240309_115854.jpg

This picture is of the seeds soaked yesterday. Today I sowed the seeds of C. Chinense and C. Pubescens.
C. Chinense will all sit in the hanging pots in my balcony garden.
In 2 weeks I will sow C. Annuum. I do not have the final list of these yet because I have many seeds from which it is very difficult for me to choose. I will edit this message as I decide.

Hanging pots:
- Fatalii - V2 2022/2023 - 3 plants
- Orange Fatalii - The Hippy Seed Co (thanks MarcV) - 2 plants
- CGN 21500 - Sulsa - 1 plant
- Adjuma - thanks @Sulsa - 1 plant
- Humble Servants Homestead SB - V1 2023 (original seeds from MarcV) - 2 plants
- PI 215734 - Semillas - 4 plants (last year's revelation, I want more this year)
- Habanada - Semillas - 3 plants (the most aromatic C. Chinense without heat)

In the pot at the bottom of the balcony I will test a plant of C. Pubescens, Tatiana F6 Yellow from seeds from @CaneDog. Thank you again.
In fact, CaneDog is "guilty" 🙂 for the fact that I still haven't decided what I will grow in the lower part of the balcony. He sent me so many seeds of such tempting varieties that the choice is very difficult.

Welcome to the journey of my balcony garden! :welcome:

Edited March 18:

I have decided what is the growing list for the pots at the bottom of the balcony.
- Tatiana F6 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Punjab Small Hot CP-260 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Spezzano's Thai - 3 plants (V1 2023 / CaneDog)
- Mulato Isleno - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Canoncito - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Antep Aci Dolma - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Jalapeno Zapotec #1 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Zapotec Jalapeno - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022) Maybe CaneDog can tell us what the differences are between them.
- Chile Rayado - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Ring of Fire Cayenne - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Orange Thai SSE - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Lesya Sweet Pepper - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Chilaca/Pasilla Mixe - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
Thank you so much @CaneDog !

I will have a few more small pots of Korean Hot from seeds from @Deadpouk , European seed train 2023. According to the type of envelope, they seem to come from Refining Fire Chiles.
These are very compact plants and the peppers have an excellent aroma.

Last edited:
Finally! :party:
I was a big fan of your hanging basket setup when I was reading through glogs last year on arrival here, it's briliant.

Hope to see plenty of pictures!
Have a great season <3

Edit. Have to say it - you inspired me to try more plants than I initially planned in my balcony journey and to just think more about the space, stands, etc, to think bigger. Thanks to you it's gonna be so much fun, so thank you very much! ❤️

Last edited:
Finally! :party:
I was a big fan of your hanging basket setup when I was reading through glogs last year on arrival here, it's briliant.

Hope to see plenty of pictures!
Have a great season <3

Edit. Have to say it - you inspired me to try more plants than I initially planned in my balcony journey and to just think more about the space, stands, etc, to think bigger. Thanks to you it's gonna be so much fun, so thank you very much! ❤️
Thanks @wiicek!
I have shifted the sowing date from year to year because in my hydroponic trays the seedlings grow extraordinarily fast.
I am very glad that there are other people who want their own balcony garden. Good luck to you in what you set out to do!

Great to see your season underway and looking forward to the jungle to come!

I hope the Tatiana does does well for you. I've found them to be a solid all-around rocoto.

Good luck!
Thanks CD!
I will have more varieties from your seeds this year.
I really liked Spezzano's Thai grown last year and this year I will want more plants of this variety with excellent aroma.

Alright, Balcony Grow IV! Excited to see what you come up with, Vivian!

Paul, I hope I can match your number of grow logs posted here.
Thank you and good luck growing those wild varieties this year.

whooop whooopp dust off the balcony here we go :D

PS. I blame CD for everything as well :lol:
Tink, considering the number of varieties that CD sent me, I will "blame" him for this next year as well. :D
I saw that your seedlings are taking off. It sounds like your mint green tea is working wonders.

right on man good luck and good season

Thanks Joshua!
I like how you documented the growth of this year's seedlings. Good luck in the future!

Last week, while setting up the still for a whisky round, I completely tore a tendon in my right bicep and scheduled the surgery for March 21st.
So I will have to sow the C. Annuum seeds scheduled for March 24th faster. I will try to do this on March 17th.
I will come back with the growing list for the pots at the bottom of the balcony.

Last edited:
Ouch! Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Take care of yourself and heal quickly, my
friend.

Damn SN! Sounds like you need to get that still cranking! Best of luck with the surgery. Looking forward to this year's awesome balcony display.

Looking forward to you're grow this year! Adjuma still is my favourite Chinense (tastewise) and those Habanadas are delicious!
Hope you're surgery goes well! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I have decided what is the growing list for the pots at the bottom of the balcony.
- Tatiana F6 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Punjab Small Hot CP-260 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Spezzano's Thai - 3 plants (V1 2023 / CaneDog)
- Mulato Isleno - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Canoncito - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Antep Aci Dolma - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Jalapeno Zapotec #1 - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Zapotec Jalapeno - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022) Maybe CaneDog can tell us what the differences are between them.
- Chile Rayado - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2021)
- Ring of Fire Cayenne - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Orange Thai SSE - 1 plant (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Lesya Sweet Pepper - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
- Chilaca/Pasilla Mixe - 2 plants (seeds from CaneDog 2022)
Thank you so much @CaneDog !

I will have a few more small pots of Korean Hot from seeds from @Deadpouk , European seed train 2023. According to the type of envelope, they seem to come from Refining Fire Chiles.
These are very compact plants and the peppers have an excellent aroma.

On Saturday, March 23, I will soak the seeds and on Sunday, March 24, I will sow them.

Hey SN! I hope those do well for you and that maybe you'll find a few new favorites. I just started my big annuum seed round this weekend, which includes a good few of the above.

For both the Zapotec and the Rayado, I didn't have a lot of isolated seeds at the time, so I sent a smaller pack of isolated seeds and another pack of non-isolated seeds as back-ups in case you needed more. The #1 Zapotec has the isolated ones. All the bags should be marked whether they're isolated or not, so definitely go with the isolated ones first :)

Last edited:
That's right, all bags are marked as ISO or OP. As you said, I will choose the ISO seedlings first.
Although I will have the entire lower part of the balcony with plants from seeds from you, there are still a few varieties left to try for next year. 🙂

From the turn of C. Chinense, the first hooks started to appear yesterday, 7 days after sowing.
In first place are Habanada (Semillas) with 8 sprouts from 11 seeds.

Last year I accidentally broke an ISO pod of Fatalii that had reached the correct size, but was completely green. I left it on the table and in a week it turned yellow nicely. I collected the seeds and this year I put two Root Riot cubes with 5 seeds each. Today I saw 2 hooks in one of them. :dance:

Back