• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Fun with peppers in 2021 GLOG

And so it begins, another year of growing some peppers. This will be a sort of continuation of last year

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73129-skullbikers-roaring-into-the-twenties-glog/page-1

as several of those plants are still going(and many got whacked and ended up on the burn pile). 

Anyway, I have 3 trays of peppers sown and many have germinated already(mostly annums). I wanted to compare several different jalapeños for taste in real time. This tray is all jalapeños, ten types from 7 different vendors. The seeds in block 3 are from 2014.

DD790B1D-46C2-42E6-821B-35E0A56AED83.jpeg

Another tray with annums at each end and mostly rocotos in the middle(and they're taking their sweet time).

DFD905E8-004B-41CA-9450-5D6CC853DA56.jpeg

After a day it would seem as even the tops of the rocoto plants are not a total loss. Many of the leaves came out of the "droop", but many did not.  A lot of flowers took a hit. 

E359EE61-6FF2-4AD1-A3FE-572BECDA4BD6.jpeg

92A8FA6A-516D-495F-AC62-AD557DD1AF4F.jpeg

Do I see some flower buds developing in that orange spice?
I wanted to grow the orange spice also this season, together with those other "spice" varieties, but then decided I needed the room for something else. Curious how your orange spice will be like...

MarcV said:
Do I see some flower buds developing in that orange spice?
I wanted to grow the orange spice also this season, together with those other "spice" varieties, but then decided I needed the room for something else. Curious how your orange spice will be like...

Yes, there are buds beginning to show on a number of the young plants. I have orange spice plants started from three different vendors. After last year I want to see if anyones seed is even marginally consistent. Last year I didn't keep track very well what plants were from which vendor. Some of the plants were producing full size jalapeno pods that ripened to red. I have the Lemon Spice going again this year also. We shall see.

Don't know what to say about that leaf curl, buddy.
The bigger leaves on my Aji Amarillos have a tendency
to do that sometimes, especially during the indoor part
of the grow.

Other than that, your plants look superb.

I planted seeds I got from Tybo in these cells the at same time that I planted my Growdown seeds. The four across the front are Peppa Peach and the two behind those are Rocoto Pisac Amarillo. It's hard to see in this pic but in the right rear cell a Rocoto Costa Rica Red is just pushing up the mix.

1933CA2C-358A-4DE2-85A6-2DBB85DDF0A7.jpeg

skullbiker said:
I planted seeds I got from Tybo in these cells the at same time that I planted my Growdown seeds. The four across the front are Peppa Peach and the two behind those are Rocoto Pisac Amarillo. It's hard to see in this pic but in the right rear cell a Rocoto Costa Rica Red is just pushing up the mix.

attachicon.gif
1933CA2C-358A-4DE2-85A6-2DBB85DDF0A7.jpeg

Glad to see you planted the seeds.  What about the left rear cell?  Surely it's not vacant!

Back