• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Fun with peppers in 2021 GLOG

And so it begins, another year of growing some peppers. This will be a sort of continuation of last year

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/73129-skullbikers-roaring-into-the-twenties-glog/page-1

as several of those plants are still going(and many got whacked and ended up on the burn pile). 

Anyway, I have 3 trays of peppers sown and many have germinated already(mostly annums). I wanted to compare several different jalapeños for taste in real time. This tray is all jalapeños, ten types from 7 different vendors. The seeds in block 3 are from 2014.

DD790B1D-46C2-42E6-821B-35E0A56AED83.jpeg

Another tray with annums at each end and mostly rocotos in the middle(and they're taking their sweet time).

DFD905E8-004B-41CA-9450-5D6CC853DA56.jpeg

PaulG said:
  :rolleyes:   Ho Hum. More stunningly beautiful
adolescent plants from the 'Biker   ;)

Awesome, as always, bro.
Thanks, and I hate to say it but I'm only about 1/4 done potting out. So far everything is looking pretty good for seeds hitting the dirt Dec. 23.

Pot - O - Chichimeca Jalapenos

574646CE-9081-45BF-BDE0-90D32027E175.jpeg

When I think of it, I may start adding descriptions to the plant out pics.

70 days. Capsicum annuum. (F1) The plant produces heavy yields of large 3 ¾" long by 1 ½" wide hot peppers. Peppers are medium hot, have thick flesh, and turn from green to red when mature. The plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers. A Jalapeno type pepper most often used when green. Excellent in salsa, salads, vegetable dishes, and making hot pickled peppers. An excellent choice for home gardens, farmer’s markets, market growers, open production, and commercial production. A variety from the USA. Disease Resistant: PVY. Scoville Heat Units: 3,500.

I think I originally picked this variety because of the disease resistance. If the taste good, all the better!

Back